+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-25-2008
    Posts
    20

    Question about Wireless sync

    I just got my phone about a week ago and im wondering what does the wireless sync feature do? It also says that i may be charged doe the data download but if i have my wifi on will there be any charges?

    Thanks for the help

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-18-2007
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by animal91 View Post
    I just got my phone about a week ago and im wondering what does the wireless sync feature do? It also says that i may be charged doe the data download but if i have my wifi on will there be any charges?

    Thanks for the help
    It syncs your Outlook files from your PC. You can choose all or any of: Email, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Files. Supposedly you can also do a complete device backup-restore (although I have not tried it because I use Sprite backup) It syncs over the air, so you will be charged data. You cannot sync over WiFi with either Outlook or Wireless Sync. You can use bluetooth to sync with your Outlook on your PC, however.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-25-2008
    Posts
    20
    ok thanks one more question how much?( will i be charged)

  4. #4
    Registered User mtgeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by animal91 View Post
    ok thanks one more question how much?( will i be charged)
    Depends on which Data Plan you choose. $44.95/month for unlimited. Also have "pay as you go" data plans as well. Check out Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless for details.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-29-2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    51
    I think technically, Wireless Sync syncs with Verizon's servers (you don't even need to have a PC with Outlook to use it), but they also give you an Outlook monitor that will keep data synced between the phone, VZW's servers, and your personal Outlook...

  6. #6
    Moderator iProb8's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-01-2005
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    3,449
    BorisM is correct. Wireless Sync is a service provided by VZW and allows for the syncing of data from Outlook to a WM device through VZW's servers, which act as a conduit. If you have Exchange Server 2003 or later, you do not need Wireless Sync to sync your PIM and e-mails wireless. However, if you don't have Exchange Server 2003 or later, you should look into Wireless Sync. There are lots of thread about WS, especially in the i730 forum. The WS software is free; the only charge is for the data airtime.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-18-2007
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by iProb8 View Post
    BorisM is correct. Wireless Sync is a service provided by VZW and allows for the syncing of data from Outlook to a WM device through VZW's servers, which act as a conduit. If you have Exchange Server 2003 or later, you do not need Wireless Sync to sync your PIM and e-mails wireless. However, if you don't have Exchange Server 2003 or later, you should look into Wireless Sync. There are lots of thread about WS, especially in the i730 forum. The WS software is free; the only charge is for the data airtime.
    You, know--I just realized, I think you are right. Would explain why I get Outlook email in my phone even if my computer is not running and why I get duplicates from Outlook and my ISP server when my PC is turned off. Thanks for the insight.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-30-2008
    Posts
    4
    So to confirm when using wifi and wireless sync you will not be charged for data?

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-06-2007
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg387 View Post
    So to confirm when using wifi and wireless sync you will not be charged for data?
    I use wireless sync everyday, multiple times a day and use WIFI to do it and I do not incur data charges. I do not have a data plan. I've had my I760 with wireless sync since 3-1-08

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-30-2008
    Posts
    4
    Once I get wireless sync set up with wifi, how do i get it to stop trying to connect to the "network log on" screen? The screen keeps keeping up if I'm not connected to a wifi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts