+ Reply to Thread

Print contacts with FULL notes?

i have a lot of notes in the notes tab of my contacts.
    when i try to print my contacts with Outlook xp, the notes are cut off at some point. i have attempted all the different ways to set up printing contacts and nothing has worked so far. any solution?

anyone, please?

im afraid this question has gotten lost on like the 6th page, and there should be a pretty easy solution to this problem. if you have ever printed your contacts (as a hard-copy backup), which contain long notes in the contact's notes tab, and have come across this "cut-off" problem, could u please take a second and provide the solution? thank you!

I'm not sure if this would work for what you are looking for, but in Outlook 2003 there is a "Mail Merge" feature in the Tools menu. You can "mail merge" to word with the persons first name/last name, whatever other information you need and then make sure to attach the "notes" field. I had like 200 test lines in a notes field of one of my contacts and it merged fine into word. I just merged it into an 8.5 x 11 document with only 3 fields. I'm not sure if you would like to see additional information (address, phone #, etc.) and this would require some formatting of the fields in word, but it may get you your desired results. Hope this helps.

Here's an article regarding this subject...

Using Word Mail Merge to Print an Outlook Contacts List

I came upon this after posting my solution. sounds like they had the same idea as me, but in a professional document!

Cheers!

even simpler than mail merge, which is a bit complicated for me, is an alternative solution found in that article u sent. all u have to do is print memo style, and that will get all the info, including full notes. perfect! thanks so much!

Glad I could help - I know how some things that seem so simple are frustrating to figure out. I've spent hours on "stupid" things that should be intuitive and are not.