+ Reply to Thread

Alarm will not shut off?!?!

I have ran MemMaid and tried to do everything that should shut it off and the alarm still goes off, especially after I soft reset the phone.

I knew I shouldn't have activated it and now I am paying the price, I will NOT hard reset to get rid of this problem, but please help!

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    try pulling the battery....

That's just like a soft reset.

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    Quote Originally Posted by abuttino View Post
    That's just like a soft reset.
    Are you sure? I think of it as the difference between "Stand By" and "Turn Off" on a desktop computer. You might get a shot at "remove program" under settings to take out the offending program.

Mark

How can I uninstall the offending program? It's the Alarm built into Windows Mobile
    Last edited by abuttino; 03-27-2008 at 03:37 PM.

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    I knew I shouldn't have activated it and now I am paying the price,
    Sorry,

I took "activated" to mean you installed a third party app.
    Does it show up in the "running programs" tab in memory? maybe you can stop it from there.

Mark

I have a feeling you have no idea what you are talking about.

There are no "running programs" when an alarm is activated in the clocks screen. It's an internal function of Windows Mobile.

MEG
    Have you seen my stylus?
    I have a feeling you have no idea what you are talking about.

There are no "running programs" when an alarm is activated in the clocks screen. It's an internal function of Windows Mobile.

"Running Programs" is in the "Memory" program under "Settings". However I tested my theory and it does not work. Once you touch the screen, the alarm should stop.

I think you're stuck, I predict a hard reset in your future...

Mark

There is a fix for it, that's why I posted here, it's happened to people on this forum before.

I had this problem happen once with my i730. The only solution I found was to perform a hard reset. It think something in the registry got corrupted.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I had a similar issue with my xv6700 once. Came to be an issue with the built in PIN number Lock program that I had running. When I UNSET the lock program, the Reminders would stop constantly being on ALERT mode. Hope that made sense?

dp

kld
    Did the original poster ever find a fix short of hard reset? I'm having the same symptoms. An alarm sounds, and the bottom bar no longer changes to dismiss or the snooze menu. Also get an alarm on soft reset that has to time out. I even unchecked every alarm box, still alarms on boot. The problem originated after an outlook reminder went unacknowleged until the morning wake up alarm.

Funny, I'm having the opposite problem. My alarm won't go off. Everything that I see is set correctly. But it will only go off if I wake it up from its coma, and then it waits about a minute, then goes off.

kld

Found a fix for my problem

So I got a copy of Pocket Mechanic Professional (Professional, not Pro, they seem to be different software), and ran it through its paces. All defaults. I then did a soft reset and the constant alarm was no more! This was with the trial version. They'll be getting $29.95 soon.

I did have to get a trial version from Handango, the trial version @ Wizcode's site thought the 30 day trial was expired right after install.