+ Reply to Thread

New 760 Error installing Activesync on XP

I picked up my 760 yesterday after my Q bit the dust...

I inserted the software install disc and on the autoload, I received an error message with no details just an option to send a report.

I then un-installed the previous version of Activesync (4.2 I think..) and tried again, no dice, same error.

Then I opened the contents of the CD and navigated to the Activesync files and performed a manual install..

When I connect my 760 to usb I get a message that the hardware did not install properly and activesync does not recognize my phone...

Any ideas what went wrong and the next steps to take??

Love the phone but this is frustrating...

Thanks and Hello from a new user!

Todd

Same issue here

Hello,
    I just got an Samsung sch i760. Used Activesync 4.5 before so I just connected the USB cable on my laptop and the phone. Saw a connected message and immediately saw a "retrieving settings" message that stays until it hangs.

I've disabled virus scan and disabled the Sygate security agent (corporate install). Still can't get past the retrieving settings issue. I can't figure out anything else to try.

If this doesn't work, then I'm going to try a crackberry and I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

Anyone else have this issue and resolved it?

thanks

I've been using my i760 for a couple of months now and occasionally run into this problem. My phone wirelessly syncs to my businesses exchange server so I don't have to sync it via cable. However, I do sync it to download files and occassionaly I run into this problem. I always reboot my computer and soft reset my phone and then it seems to work.

One person in this forum had suggested shutting off your phone and then turning back on again for these ActiveSync problems. I had been having them as well, but this solution worked fine. Guess it's same as mentioned above, but bit easier than shutting your whole computer off.

go to start and then go to setting connections usb to pc and uncheck enable advanced network functionality

Thanks, I will give that a try...

As I recall, another cause of ActiveSync problems was Windows Firewall. Try searching this forum and the i730 forum for "ActiveSync" and "firewall" and see if you find some results that help. If not, post back here again.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)