+ Reply to Thread

camera not working

when I hold camera button, i get a green wmobile screen flash (quick) sometimes a 10 sec "loading" but no camera. No too much on my 760 - google maps, usb modem hack, iGo keyboard and mouse (which I removed and problem did not disappear). Outlook sync with office server and sbcglobal.net email connected. Want to avoid hard reset if possible.

Did you ever figure this out? I have exact same problem.
    BacardiGuy - Samsung i760 (i730 RIP) - WM6.1, 16 GB Sandisk MicroSD, Motorola S9 A2DP headphones, Slingplayer, Phone Alarm, Tom Tom Navigator, PocketMusic, Stowaway keyboard and mouse, MemMaid, SPB Backup, Newsbreak, Coreplayer, SBSH Weather, Audible, Lotus Mobility Client, Lotus Traveler, Pocket Quicken, eWallet, Pocket Breeze, Pocket Informant, Voice Command

Do you remember the last time it was working? When you removed the program did you use the "Remove Programs" under settings? Thanks, JASTECH
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

What happens when you tap on the camera icon on the screen under START > PROGRAMS > CAMERA?

Did you softreset? (poke the stylus in the red hole below the left softkey on the sliding keyboard.

I did not uninstall it, it just stopped working suddenly. I have tried to start the camera both from the physical button and the icon in programs with the same result - a brief green flash that indicates the start of the program but then it disappears. I have done multiple soft resets (for various reasons) but the program has not returned. Weird.
    BacardiGuy - Samsung i760 (i730 RIP) - WM6.1, 16 GB Sandisk MicroSD, Motorola S9 A2DP headphones, Slingplayer, Phone Alarm, Tom Tom Navigator, PocketMusic, Stowaway keyboard and mouse, MemMaid, SPB Backup, Newsbreak, Coreplayer, SBSH Weather, Audible, Lotus Mobility Client, Lotus Traveler, Pocket Quicken, eWallet, Pocket Breeze, Pocket Informant, Voice Command

I had meant did you uninstall the other programs "No too much on my 760 - Google maps, usb modem hack, iGo keyboard and mouse (which I removed and problem did not disappear" useing the correct method. It seems to me it's a driver that is not loading. Did you call VZN tech support hose? You may have to try a Hard Reset. Thanks, JASTECH
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

No, I did not take any other programs out. I think that was the other person (fransdotr) with the same problem who posted that. I am sure I will call vzw support but thought as someone else had the problem 3 months ago I could avoid the hassle.

Unfortunately the only guaranteed way to know that it isn't a hardware issue is to do a hard reset.

If you use SPB Backup, or similar backup program then you could perform the hard reset, if the camera then works restore your phone. You may get lucky and get all of your stuff back and fix the phone at the same time.

Richard

Thanks Richard. That is certainly a route I could take but not sure the camera is that important to me. Still hoping that someone has a silver bullet. Maybe even Fransdottr as she never bumped the post again.

bump - anyone?

had to hard reset

I had to hard reset. The camera problem baffled everyone. Me included.

Recently I had a memory shortage problem and I am thinking that might have contributed. Go to Pocket Internet Explorer > Menu > Tools > Options > Memory (tab) > delete files.

I think maybe the same problem was happening then.

Think I figured it out

I hard reset and reinstalled all my old software as well. I have lost the camera twice and both times were after letting my charge levels reach critical. I have reinstalled all of my software except for Pocketbreeze and the camera is still working fine.

Keeping a backup image now that includes a working camera. Thanks for responding Fransdottr.