+ Reply to Thread

i760 backlight issue

First off, I've searched for this issue and haven't found it, so if I just missed it, mea culpa.

Anyway, in my system>settings>backlight I have the "turn on backlight when a button is pressed or the screen is tapped" checked. But it doesn't. The only way to get the screen on is the on/off button on top (which is very inconvenient) or actually sliding it open. Surely there's a way to get this thing on besides those options?

"Turn backlight on when screen is pressed" only works when the phone is "awake". When your phone is in sleep mode, the only way to wake it is to hit the power button at the top of slide the keyboard open. I am not aware of any other way to wake the phone up (other than receiving an incomming call).

The top button inconvienient? how so? It's way way way too convienient. If it worked the way you described it, you wuld turn it on in your pocket all the time!

i use the windows button on the side
    it wakes up the phone too

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightkshrute View Post
    The top button inconvienient? how so? It's way way way too convienient. If it worked the way you described it, you wuld turn it on in your pocket all the time!
    Some people have to learn the hard way.
    Cant win......
    Remember when they complained about it coming on to easily? lol.......

I love how easy it is to turn on/off

Mardroid
    I agree with you. what is the purpose of having those options in the backlight settings if they don't work.

I need a way to turn it on besides the top button.

M
    Marilene

There is a difference between turning the backlight on and turning the screen on. In order to get what the OP is describing, you need to go to the power settings and change the settings for when the device turns off. This is the setting for the screen and device itself. If you change this to a longer time period, then the screen will simply dim or the backlight will turn off at whatever duration you set that to go off at in the backlight settings. This is where a key press or screen touch will turn the backlight back on.

In case that was confusing, here's an example. Lets say in the back light settings you have it set to turn off after 20 seconds, and in the power settings you have the device to turn off after 1 minutes. After 20 seconds of inactivity the backlight will turn off and the screen will dim, after 40 more seconds, the screen will entirely turn off. During that 40 seconds between the backlight turning off and screen turning off is when a button press or screen touch will turn the backlight back on and brighten the screen. Anytime after that 40 seconds will require the on/off button at the top to be pressed.