+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Desktop Charger

Desktop Charger

Hi, 1st post here.....

What's the "trick" in getting the i760 docked in the desktop charger without having to fight with it. There are days where the phone slides in easily, and other days where I have to wrestle with the phone to get it on.

Is there a secret way of putting it on?

I tossed mine. It's a piece of junk.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bgates2b View Post
    Hi, 1st post here.....

What's the "trick" in getting the i760 docked in the desktop charger without having to fight with it. There are days where the phone slides in easily, and other days where I have to wrestle with the phone to get it on.

I used to have this problem. I found out I was trying to put the phone back too far into the cradle. That is, slide it down from the top. Then I noticed that the connector would swivel forward about 30 degrees. After that, I just concentrated on the connector first and then let the phone rock back into the cradle. Now, I find it very easy to connect all the time.

Hi, 1st post here.....

I know what you mean. I think it's a question of getting the phone in the cradle at the right angle. Sometimes it seems to help if I tilt the connector out (toward me). I use the bottom of the i760 to pull the connector towards me and then slide the phone onto the connect and finally let the i760 settle to the back of the cradle.

EDIT: I hadn't seen wtherrall's response when I posted mine. I think we're trying to articulate the same concept, but I think he did it in a better way than I did.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Thanks, I finally picked up the knack of getting it on with ease.....

I put my thumb down at the bottom of the phone and can maneuver the connector.

Thanks, I finally picked up the knack of getting it on with ease.....

I put my thumb down at the bottom of the phone and can maneuver the connector.
    Glad you got if figured it.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)