+ Reply to Thread

Need icon to indicate Bluetooth ON or OFF

I have Spb Phone Suite. I don't want to install Phone Alarm. I am looking for a program that will display an icon in the system tray to identify if bluetooth is on or off. When I am driving, I don't like looking at the LED for several seconds until the blue light blinks.
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

Yeah I wish SPB Phone Suite had better indicators in that regard. I wonder if if it could be displayed in the top bar with the other connection icons (wifi, EV, 1X)
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy View Post
    Yeah I wish SPB Phone Suite had better indicators in that regard. I wonder if if it could be displayed in the top bar with the other connection icons (wifi, EV, 1X)
    Mark
    Amen! I know that someone had come up with a way to put phoneAlarm in the top bar, but I also read that it was buggy that way.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Here's a little Today screen App I recalled seeing that might fit the bill for jfourman ..
    FreewarePPC.com - Freeware Pocket PC / Freeware Windows Mobile: Today Radio Device Toggler

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need icon to indicate Bluetooth ON or OFF-capture001.jpg  

Try this:
    PocketToolman 2

Thank you MGuzzy and onlydarksets. Both of these will meet my needs well. I am going to start with the Today Plugin because I want to position the indicators just below the Spb Phone Suite Plugin (which is where these indicators should be in the first place). I have been considering trying Pocket Toolman 2; but for now, I'm going to use the KISS principle to get only what I need.

Thank you both.
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    Try this:
    PocketToolman 2
    I'm trying PocketToolman 2, but I can't get it to show the BT icon in the tray at the bottom. I've found the option for it, but the option is grayed out so I can't select it. Any idea why?

EDIT: I notice from the PT website that the BT icon option only is available for devices that use the Microsoft BT stack. Does the i760 not use the MS BT stack?
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

I thought I would throw this in here... Since I've had to resurrect my i730 recently I realized I had made a custom skin (I modded someone else's skin a little) for Phone alarm. I was looking for something very useful with a small screen footprint. The bar at the bottom (from left to right) profiles, missed calls (red), voice mail (red), text messages (red), email (red), and the status of the Bluetooth (blue) and Wifi (green). Also when I tap on the "i" on the right I get system information pop ups.. I may go back to it but I'm giving SPB phone Suite a try for now...
    Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need icon to indicate Bluetooth ON or OFF-i730-screen.jpg   Need icon to indicate Bluetooth ON or OFF-i730-screen2.jpg   Need icon to indicate Bluetooth ON or OFF-i730-screen3.jpg   Need icon to indicate Bluetooth ON or OFF-i730-screen4.jpg