+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has anyone seen mrailing around lately?

Has anyone seen mrailing around lately? I have a question for him and he seems to have disappeared.
    Last edited by jpmihalk; 04-01-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Edited title for more visibility
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jpmihalk View Post
    Has anyone seen mrailing around lately? I have a question for him and he seems to have disappeared.
    Hey, John.

Michael's been very busy with his new job and he's spending what little spare time he has trying to hack an iPhone to work with VZW's network. Last I heard, he had disassembled his old i730 and was in the process of trying to replace the radio in the iPhone with the i730's radio. He thought he had the software hacked and was just having trouble soldering the i730's radio in the iPhone.

I'll let him know you're trying to contact him.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Wow! That explains a lot!

Thanks!!!!
    John

Anyone else?

If mrailing is working on this top-secret, oh-so-cool project, he should DEFINITELY contact me as I can help out a lot with the iPhone SDK.
    John

I tinted the windows on his Jeep Sunday morning.
    iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 on Sprint ..:.. crappy work phone

A Jeep man.... no wonder he is so well-respected!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by iProb8 View Post
    Hey, John.

Michael's been very busy with his new job and he's spending what little spare time he has trying to hack an iPhone to work with VZW's network. Last I heard, he had disassembled his old i730 and was in the process of trying to replace the radio in the iPhone with the i730's radio. He thought he had the software hacked and was just having trouble soldering the i730's radio in the iPhone.

I'll let him know you're trying to contact him.
    Holy $&*%, Batman! I have got to get me one of those!

"...please try your call again..." crouton976's Avatar
    If anyone could do it, Michael can... If he teamed up with SuperDave, not only could they get the iPhone working on VZW's network, it would also press and iron your pants, make pancakes in three different flavors, read brail to the blind and automatically call telemarketers at home to bug them for a change...
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
    - Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by crouton976 View Post
    If anyone could do it, Michael can... If he teamed up with SuperDave, not only could they get the iPhone working on VZW's network, it would also press and iron your pants, make pancakes in three different flavors, read brail to the blind and automatically call telemarketers at home to bug them for a change...
    Only three flavors?

Quote Originally Posted by jpmihalk View Post
    A Jeep man.... no wonder he is so well-respected!
    I spoke w/ Mike the other night. He's busy, as many people have said. I too haven't been on very much due to my work load. I'm about to move into my first home some the next month or so isn't looking any better...
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

Converged and Redeemed
    I hear that MRailing will complete his work on porting the iPhone over to verizon by the end of today
    Last edited by tsatryan; 04-01-2008 at 09:03 PM.
    Pastor Tim Satryan
    Communicating the Good News!
    Visit my website - WILMINGTON first assembly of God

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Hey... what are you guys doing... this was supposed to be confidential????
    Mike - Been Converged?

Convergent, are you sure? Michael sent me some photos of his progress.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Here are some photos of the take apart. It looks to me like in the second one he already has managed to replace the radio chip with the Samsung i730's radio chip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has anyone seen mrailing around lately?-iphone1.jpg   Has anyone seen mrailing around lately?-iphone2.jpg  
    -Jay

Editor and Site Administrator Convergent's Avatar
    Ah man... this is really, really bad. This is going to be like that HP thing all over again! This was not supposed to break until we were sure that he had the necessary disclosures signed. Well at least its just on the moderator forum that we are talking about it... imagine if this had made it to the public forum.
    Mike - Been Converged?

er um unless I've been elevated to moderator.. I can see it...but my lips are sealed!
    Yah know I've been wondering were everyone is hiding.. its awfully quiet in the i760 forum these days.. guess I miss the heady days of the i730!
    Mark
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 04-01-2008 at 10:16 PM.
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by Convergent View Post
    Ah man... this is really, really bad. This is going to be like that HP thing all over again!
    Oh, sure... you just HAD to go there.... and Apple is notorious for their tenacity about protecting their intellectual property!
    John

ummm. APRIL FOOLS?

Quote Originally Posted by tom108 View Post
    ummm. APRIL FOOLS?
    You got us!
    -Jay

Or, did you?????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has anyone seen mrailing around lately?-iphone-final.jpg  
    -Jay