+ Reply to Thread
    kpv

When a Hard Reset Doesn't Work......

My i760 acted weird today and then stopped working. The today screen went partially blank and was missing alot of info. I soft reset at that point. The soft reset went through the MITS screen and then the Verizon animated check mark screen and then ends with a dark, blank, screen.
    So, I then removed the Micro SD card and battery and reinstalled the battery only. I tried a soft reset again with the same results.
    I finally decided to try a hard reset, using the center silver button and the red reset button. "Clearing data" appeared during the reboot as I expected. The MITS screen then appeared followed by the Verizon screen and then the same blank, dark, screen.
    Lastly, since I was out of options, I tried holding the send and end buttons simultaneously while hitting the reset button with the stylus. "Emergency PDA Mode" "Clearing all data" appeared on the screen. The screen stayed that way for over 10 minutes so I removed the battery and I am back to square one.

Help!

Any ideas? Suggestions??

Is the phone still under the 1 year warranty? If so I would call Verizon and get a FRU replacement phone since you would be under warranty. Usually PDA phones that get sent out as FRUS are brand new, so you shouldn't get back a crappy refurb. That's what I would suggest if it is still under warranty. It sounds like there is a software issue on the phone itself or even a hardware issue. Usually a hard reset will do the trick but if that didn't work than I think your only option is the warranty, or insurance if you purchased it.

Will a hard reset erase everything that you have added to it, i.e. contacts, IE browsers and other programs??

kpv
    The phone is still under warranty. I will call Verizon today about this.

Mike,
    A hard reset will erase contacts ad other added programs except those resident in the OS.

Anybody have any ther thoughts or suggestions?