Closed Thread

A few simple questions... please help :o)

[x] Is there a way for me to disable the notification for when I SEND messages?
    [x] Where can I get an icon for my Today screen that tells me I have new voicemail?
    [x] Where and how can I get/make ringtones and assign them to people?
    [x] I've seen lots of awesome custom Today screens... where do people make these?

Thanks!!

Spend a little time getting to know your phone and figuring out what you REALLY NEED it to do. It sounds like you haven't played around with it much at all and that's fine but you're probably going to get a lot of people loading you up with ideas that might seem cool at first but will only ruin your mobile experience in the long run.

There are endless skins for the 760 that look amazingly cool. There is a HUGE thread that lists a ton of today screens from users in this forum. Look at the stickies. But do you just want your screen to look cool? Do you need corporate email? Do you text a lot? Do you maintain a heavy schedule? Do you not maintain a tight schedule but live by your to do's? Did you get this phone instead of an iPhone because your parents use ATT and have you on the family plan? Do you need weather on your main screen? Do you need multiple profiles for whether you are at home, traveling, at work, in a movie theater?

A lot for you to consider. Pick your interface by what you need first THEN trick it out.

Quote Originally Posted by clark.jenni View Post
    [x] Is there a way for me to disable the notification for when I SEND messages?
    [x] Where can I get an icon for my Today screen that tells me I have new voicemail?
    [x] Where and how can I get/make ringtones and assign them to people?
    [x] I've seen lots of awesome custom Today screens... where do people make these?

Thanks!!
    Welcome to PDAPhoneHome.com.

One of the things we ask people to do before posting questions is to search the forum to see whether others have previously asked the same question you have, thereby reducing the amount of duplicate threads, which in turn makes it easier to find answers to questions.

At the top right of every thread, you'll see "Search This Thread." If you click it, it will drop down a search box, which also will include a link to an "Advanced Search" option.

Also, at the top page of this forum, you'll see a yellow banner that has a link to FAQs about the i760. In addition, the first few threads at the top of this thread are stickies, including a couple that contain set-up guides written by our local guru and super moderator, MRailing. I recommend you read the FAQs and MRailing's set-up guides. Last, if you can't find an answer to your question here in the i760 forum, try checking the Samsung SCH-i730 forum. The i760 is the successor to the i730, and the phones are somewhat similar in how they operate.

In answer to your questions:

1. There should be an option in the Messaging program to turn off confirmations when you send Text messages. Just explore and look at the options.

2. The messages/missed calls Today screen plug-in should tell you about new voice mails. In addition, you can find third-party plugins such as phoneAlarm or Spb PhoneSuite that will give you notifications on the Today screen for missed calls, voice mail, text messages, and e-mails.

3. The question about ringtones has been asked numerous time so see if you find the answer by doing a search. If you can't find the answer, send me a PM that tells me how you went about doing the search (e.g., what search terms you used).

4. Also try search for Today screens.

I'm going to close this thread for now.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)