+ Reply to Thread

Better than SPB Time?

i like SPB Time bc it has a nice, small today plugin that shows the time and the next alarm that is coming up. i like how u can have a ton of alarms and use ur own mp3s. the PROBLEM is that SBP Time ignores the phone's volume settings (i.e., when i put my phone on vibrate - both phone and pda - the alarm will still go off with volume.) the other problem is that there is no way to dismiss an upcoming recurring alarm before it goes off.
    so, can u please suggest an alternative to SPB Time that has all these features?

Are you looking for Buy or Free proggie?

I'm looking for a replacement too. I only use it for the alarm and today plug-in, so the timers and everything else is just taking up space. I can't stand the delay in displaying the current time when you wake the phone up. Sometimes I just glance at it after I press the power button and I get the wrong time.

I liked the size of the original clock, but not the memory it took. I tried SPB Time and it seemed too small for my tastes. I am now using ProjectION's Pocket Digital Clock and it looks nice, and a small memory footprint.

ProjectION - ProjectION

Hmm, this morning my alarm went off then a little later I heard a tone so I looked at the phone and it said "Sorry SPB Time Error" and i had to X out 3 times to get rid of it then it said low memory when I have 25 storage and 29 program left. So I will be looking for something else too. On my 6700 I had SPB Time but had like 6 more alarms I could set and it never had an error. But I am sure there are many out there, I use to use one that was called Nsync or something like that and it was very good.
    Last edited by JASTECH; 04-05-2008 at 01:13 PM.

This is the one I am testing on my i760 right now.

Burr Oak Software

And here is a link for more to try.
    PocketGear
    Last edited by JASTECH; 04-05-2008 at 05:43 PM.

the problem with ProjectION and the like is that they dont show the upcoming alarm the way spb does. i know spb has problem, but this is a great feature!

I like Spd Time

I have been using Spd Time for the last several weeks. I like it quite a bit. I like the fact that I can turn my sounds down both the phone and the PDA and yet my alarm still works. I use it for an alarm clock and this feature works for me.

I have absolutely no problem with this program otherwise. I highly recommend it.

geide,
    lets say u are at a meeting, or in a theater, and u put ur phone on vibrate. it so happens that u have a recurring alarm go off at that time every day (say, to remind u to take your medication). in order for your alarm not to make any sound, u have to disable the alarm ahead of time and remember to enable it later on. otherwise, it will play your alarm sound at an embarrasing time. there should be a way to make spb time follow whatever the phone is set to. dont u agree?