+ Reply to Thread

Anyone tried minimo lately?

Just curious if anyone has tried minimo lately, noticed they are up to v 0.2? Just got my i760 and looking for a better browser pie isn't cutting it. Thought about using minimo or the free opera version until skyfire beta 2 is released.

Minimo project page
    Last edited by oJCSo; 04-06-2008 at 02:34 AM.

Wow, just downloaded it to my i760 - I don't have mine all tricked out, I even dropped SPB Mobile Shell to speed things up. But this thing took 4 minutes to get past the splash screen (no other apps running in the background). Great looking splash screen, though. They really focused on that. Soft reset and try again, much better. Nice preferences, nice layout, kind of laggy. Doesn't seem to support the DPAD. Very laggy when switching to landscape mode and back.. Not sure why I can't seem to type in the fields in the Homebase screen. Actually, I can't type in any fields in any screen, like Gmail. Hm.

v.2 was released a couple of years ago. As you've noted, it's not ready for prime-time.

hmm doesnt sound to good, lol. Thought I would check and see what you guys thought. I would try it myself but my i760 didnt come with a sync cord so I havent been able to load anything on it yet. So opera free would be the best bet till beta 2 comes out?

For now, use Opera Mini 4.

PIE is satisfactory as long as it has PIE+ installed on top of it.

FTR, there's a new Minimo in early development - not expected out until end of 2008.

Also, if you don't have a sync cable, remember that you can use WiFi and log right on to any Windows PC.