+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Screen Taps Not As Loud?

Hey everyone.... I just got a new i760 from verizon and the screen taps on this one aren't as loud as the other i760 I had.

I have to double tap the screen to make it have the same loudness i used to have. A single screen tap is quiet and faint sounding. It really irratates me. I've tried hard reseting it, but it didn't change the situation.

Any advice?

KIN_OFSKA, did you change the settings?
    Start>Settings>Sounds & Notifications> Then "Check" the box lables Screen Taps and also LOUD. Hope this helps, Thanks, JASTECH
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

Yup, Screen Taps is (and always has been) checked and is on Loud.

Any other suggestions?

Hmmm, have you installed any 3rd party software that deals with sound? If not then maybe one that will address this issue with it's own sounds. That or instead of the default sounds use a LOUD tap type sound and map it instead.
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by JASTECH View Post
    Hmmm, have you installed any 3rd party software that deals with sound? If not then maybe one that will address this issue with it's own sounds.
    I have the following:
    IM+
    AE Button Plus
    Live Search
    SPB Mobile Shell

I did a hard reset tho and removed all the programs. Still the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JASTECH View Post
    That or instead of the default sounds use a LOUD tap type sound and map it instead.
    How would I go about doing this?

anyone else?

nothing...?

I just got a replacement 760 and have the same problem. I also did a hard reset and also keep getting muffled screen taps.

I absolutely loved this phone for the first few months but now it's getting on my nerves between this and the SMS notifications not alerting you while the phone is sleeping. That also did not work that way when I first got it.

did you try increasing the device volume?

just a thought.

Guys, let's chill out. Enough of the flames and name-calling. I'm going to delete the last few posts because they accomplish nothing productive.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by iProb8
    Guys, let's chill out. Enough of the flames and name-calling. I'm going to delete the last few posts because they accomplish nothing productive.
    Since you selectively left the last post with the most offensive language directed towards me in it, I hope you will allow me to respond.
    Last edited by iProb8; 05-17-2008 at 01:09 PM. Reason: removed continued flame war

meatser, I'm very sorry. I meant to delete the post to which you are referring and thought I had done so. Please don't read anything into my mistake other than that--it was a mistake.

I've now deleted tom108's post. I'm also going to edit your (meatster's) last post to remove the references to the others. Let's get this thread back on track, specifically helping troubleshoot the screen tap volume issue. No more name-calling or other forms of personal attacks.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Have you tried expanding the frequency band width to get more clarity?

:sigh: i've just gotten frustrated and turned off the screen tap sound. it seems like when i double tap, the normal screen tap loudness occurs, but when it's just a normal tap, it is very VERY quiet.

Cant we all just get along?

I was never happy with the screen tap noise in the i760. I took the sound file that was the default in the i730 and used that instead. Very loud and more pleasing sounding to my ears (I think I was just used to it with the i730).

Quote Originally Posted by meatster View Post
    I just got a replacement 760 and have the same problem. I also did a hard reset and also keep getting muffled screen taps.

I absolutely loved this phone for the first few months but now it's getting on my nerves between this and the SMS notifications not alerting you while the phone is sleeping. That also did not work that way when I first got it.
    Have you tried Phone alarm?

I've tried Phone Alarm and it freezes my phone so I ditched it.

Wink

I didn't even know there was a screen tap sound. Never heard it on mine. Wouldn't want it. It would disturb the folks watching the movie.

I just got a replacement i760 as well. My original unit suffered the drifting touchscreen problem (contact area out of screen area). The replacement phone has this issue. It's not just related to screen taps though. It also affects the volume up/down (single press is inaudible, multiple presses at full volume) and button presses. I think it's related to the latest firmware that is on the phone. Has anyone looked at the registry to see what settings can affect this?

Thanks