+ Reply to Thread

Use of ActiveSync and Deletion of Contacts

Hey all,

I've spent the past few days reading here in anticipation of getting the i760.
    So i got my 760, did the hard reset and then went to verizon to get my contacts transferred from my old v710. Got that done, no problems.

I come home to setup the activesync and all works fine(except for zone alarm) and today when i check my contacts.... they are all gone. I have no contacts whatsoever and it seems that activesync may have just deleted them in hopes of downloading from exchange.

Now, do i have to transfer the numbers again from my old phone or are they hidden some where?

Thanks again for the help and I should end up being a regular poster here.

btw i760 is a pretty sweet phone.

MBLOVA, I would transfer from your old phone to make sure you have it all. Then check on Outlook and verify, after that I would backup your contacts from Outlook to My Documents that way you are protected. As far as ZA, it phones home so I stopped using it years ago when we found that out and they denied it then it was proven.
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

JASTECH,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I had a gut feeling that i would have to transfer them again from the old phone.

Also, is there a way that once i have transferred the contacts from my old phone, that i can save that file on my hard disk to that in case activesync decides to "get smart" i can just transfer it back?

Quote Originally Posted by MBLOVA View Post
    Also, is there a way that once i have transferred the contacts from my old phone, that i can save that file on my hard disk to that in case activesync decides to "get smart" i can just transfer it back?
    Yes there is.

Start>File Explorer>My Device
    Then look at the bottom and you will see "pim" without the " ".
    Scroll down until you have it highloighted, then click Menu>Edit>Copy.
    Now it is saved in the clipboard so locate where you want to save it to like the External Memory "MicroSD" card and then Menu>Edit>Paste.

Let me know if you need anymore help. Thanks, JASTECH
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester