+ Reply to Thread

Noobie question!! EMAIL provider!!

I have had an i760 for a while now and would like to start sending and receiving email in "real time". in other words when an email is sent to me i would like it to come directly to my phone. I would also like to be able to delete messages from my phone which in turn would delete them from the server. What email providers can i use to do this? I tried hotmail with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Unless you have mail on an Exchange server I'm not sure you'll find any mail provider that works that way. If you configure your service with IMAP, I use Gmail for one account, and it will delete the messages from the server if deleted on the phone.

If you don't have an Exchange server to connect to, there are some providers that have been talked about on these boards that offer reasonable monthly fees for the service.

Robert Tankersley
    Quote Originally Posted by bclark1223 View Post
    I have had an i760 for a while now and would like to start sending and receiving email in "real time". in other words when an email is sent to me i would like it to come directly to my phone. I would also like to be able to delete messages from my phone which in turn would delete them from the server. What email providers can i use to do this? I tried hotmail with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Providers that use pop3 or imap should work. Also you can sync with an exchange server.
    Robert Tankersley CDP