+ Reply to Thread
    Joyphoto

iPhone Theme problem on sch-i760

Wondered if anyone else is running iPhone Theme (iPhone Theme For Pocket PC - Convert your Pocket PC into the iPhone) on the i760 -- I am having this problem with actual phone dialing: if I call vmail for example to retrieve msg, when it asks for my password, I cannot punch in numbers on keys or screen -- neither work. Same thing on phone trees, or anything that requires input after the fact.

Also Running:
    Wisebar Advanced 2 and desktop
    Mortplayer
    gcalc
    googlemaps

Also tried Mars Weather Panel but couldn't get it to go to the setup screen -- seemed to load ok, but when I went to set up -- it just wasn't there.

I'm running the ifonz program and I'm not having that problem. Heres the link, its the first one. My only issue is I wish it was set as default Today page instead of having to open it like a program. Freeware for Pocket PC windows mobile and wm5 ppc, PocketPC free downloads.

I'm running gcalc and googlemaps also

Joyphoto
    Yeah -- I'm not familiar with this whole thing, but the iPhone Theme or ifonz is actually just a skin? Did you have to have wisbar before using ifonz?

Nope, I dont even know what Wisbar is.

wisbar does not run very well on the i760

or you could just get an iPhone. I love my i760 but nothing compares to the ease of use of the iPhone.

I guess it depends on what you want/need. The i760 is a much better device than the iphone. In my opinion, the iphone is great for the younger generation who want a cool mp3 player/phone.

Joyphoto
    Considering just doing a hard reset and starting over -- any problems doing that if I have everything synced? I mean, I don't have to take it to Verizon to have my number reactivated or anything, do I?

no, hard reset just set the phone back to factory settings. If you have everything sync'd, you'll be fine.

I do recommend the ifonz application though. Very easy to use and customize.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
    I'm running the ifonz program and I'm not having that problem. Heres the link, its the first one. My only issue is I wish it was set as default Today page instead of having to open it like a program. Freeware for Pocket PC windows mobile and wm5 ppc, PocketPC free downloads.

I'm running gcalc and googlemaps also
    So the free download costs $10.00?

Never mind I found the free download link.
    Last edited by Mark_A_K; 04-10-2008 at 07:00 AM.

You can also skin RLtoday and get a very IPhoney experience...
    Mark
    rlToday at Rotlaus Software
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

just a heads up, there's a newer version of iFonz available here
    "For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan rules

Quick question....I just downloaded and installed. Seems VERY slow and "laggy". If I tap on the Messages Icon it may take 5-7 seconds (or more) to open up.

Also, how do you set-up weather etc???

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycell View Post
    Quick question....I just downloaded and installed. Seems VERY slow and "laggy". If I tap on the Messages Icon it may take 5-7 seconds (or more) to open up.

Also, how do you set-up weather etc???
    Try cleaning out all your old messages from the deleted and sent folders.

Just download whatever weather program that you want to run, and set it to an icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    Try cleaning out all your old messages from the deleted and sent folders.
    All folders empty except MMS....I have 5-6 in there but I don't want to lose them. Any thoughts???

iPhone theme

The problem you describe is exactly why I gave up and returned the iPhone and the LG Voyager. I've had the Samsung i760 for a little over a month. SO far I think it's a much better phone than the others.

As for the iPhone theme doing the same thing on the i760 I don't know. I haven't run into it yet. I am having a little nuisance with the slider screen lock component, but it isn't all that bad.

I'd argue that too. I had the iPhone before I bought the i760. I like the Samsung better. I use it for playing mp3s and videos. I'm not crazy about Windows Media player but the sound quality is better than the iPhone as far as I'm concerned.