+ Reply to Thread
    bvj

no ez semicolon for coders and shellers

Yeah, so I can ssh into my servers while inserting coins into the vending machine for a sugar fix. The only problem is the semicolon requires the use of my elbow and big toe to finish the statement.

It would be cool if the func key would allow for a register shift so the colon would go semi while pressing the shift key. I guarantee I'm not the first person to try this.

Doesn't seem that hard. FN + Symbol (space bar) and the semi-colon is right there.

Or pick a soft keyboard that has it right on its screen. I have several that have it.

Don't know about registry changes.

Have you tried VJKeyPress to map the semi colon to a key more accessible to you liking?
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Obsessed
    A little crazy this idea, but I did it when I had my i730 and it's not bad. At the time I wanted to be able to make a dollar sign, so I edited the autocorrect file, and made it that if i just typed an s by itself, it switched to $. Worked well. You could do the same. Take a letter, and just make it that if you type that letter alone, it switches to a semicolon. Quick fix that will work in almost any app natively.

The autocorrect file is in thw Windows folder. To edit, you need to copy it out first, modify, then copy back using Total Commander.

bvj
    Quote Originally Posted by krelvin View Post
    Doesn't seem that hard. FN + Symbol (space bar) and the semi-colon is right there.
    Can you select the semi without tapping? I had no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by krelvin View Post
    Don't know about registry changes.
    I was dating myself by referring to a mechanical register shift in a typewriter.

bvj
    Thanks MGuzzy and Axman for the ideas.