+ Reply to Thread

Changing recurring appointments in the calendar.

Hi,

I'm been using my i760 for around a month and really love it.

However, I'm having trouble with the calendar. If I set a WEEKLY appointment, and then want to change that appointment at some point in the future (say a month later), it changes the appointments for the future and in past. I want the past appointments to stay the same, and only change the upcoming appointments. I used to have no problem doing this on my T3 palm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brian

Please help!

I'm surprised noone else is dealing with this problem. It seams like such a simple issue. I just thought I'd send it back to the front once more to see if it got a response.

Thanks,
    Brian

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    It should ask if you want to change this occurence or the series.

Try changing it on your PC and then use Active Sync to sync it to your phone.

Thanks for your help Mark

I want to change the series, but only for future occurrences. When you change the series, it changes everything past, present, and future. I need to have a record of my schedule in the past as well. I can't even seem to stop the series without deleting all of it.

Thanks again,
    Brian

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoherty View Post
    I want to change the series, but only for future occurrences. When you change the series, it changes everything past, present, and future. I need to have a record of my schedule in the past as well. I can't even seem to stop the series without deleting all of it.

Thanks again,
    Brian
    Thats the way a series works.
    Otherwise they would be individual appointments.

I seee what you're saying but,

Thanks again Mark,

Let's say I have an appointment every Wednesday this month at 9:00am. Next month rolls around and I need to switch that appointment to 11:00am. When I change the series, it does change my future appointments, but it also changes all my previous appointments to 11:00am. When I look back on my past, it will appear as though the appointment was always 11:00am.

On my palm T3, I could change future appointments only, and not disturb the past. I just thought that maybe the i760 calender had that feature and I was just missing it.

Brian

Brian, I hear ya. I have the same issue, but have just been dealing with it. I actually use Agenda Fusion, but it behaves the same as what you're describing. I too came from a Palm, and miss the ability to just change future appts in the series.

Hey Brian,

I also come from the Palm, and have the same frustration. I made a feature request to the guys who make Pocket Informant:
    Change Recurring Appointments Quickly (future Occurences) - WebIS, Inc. Forums

We can hope and pray .

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by bdoherty View Post
    Thanks again Mark,

Let's say I have an appointment every Wednesday this month at 9:00am. Next month rolls around and I need to switch that appointment to 11:00am. When I change the series, it does change my future appointments, but it also changes all my previous appointments to 11:00am. When I look back on my past, it will appear as though the appointment was always 11:00am.

On my palm T3, I could change future appointments only, and not disturb the past. I just thought that maybe the i760 calender had that feature and I was just missing it.

Brian
    When your schedule changes, and you need to switch your appointment from 9:00 to 11:00 in the example above, what if you went it and changed 9:00 reoccuring appointment to END "today" then set new re-occurring appointment to start "tomorrow" at 11:00? Its an extra step or two, but I think it will keep your historical appointments like you need.

Thanks mtgeorge.

That'll do it.

It is a bit of a hassle, but that will solve the problem. Somehow I overlooked that whole menu screen. Thank you so much for your help. This problem was really bothering me.

Thanks again,
    Brian