+ Reply to Thread

Contacts - default filtering

Hi guys, wondering if anyone knows how to approach this one...
    I have my contacts categorized by about 5 categories. The categories appear under "filters" in the contacts menu on my phone.

What I would like is to have my contacts default to filtering "favorites" when I go into contacts initially. In the event that I need a contact from another category, I would then go to filter -> category.

I don't need to be calling my CEO by accident and I'd like to winnow my contacts to my most-used under "favorites"

Anyone know how to make this behave?

thanks a lot,
    Tom

I've asked the same question several times, and never received a reply. There are 3rd Party Apps - icontact, contactcm, funcontact... - that will allow you to set contacts as favorites, but not automatically.

pocketCM works great for this. iPhone (finger-flick scrool) type phonebook that lets you add people to Favorites, and only look at those if you want to. The only down side it is hard to actually get back to the WM style Contacts, but I really like pocketCM's way of doing it.

I know this isn't the best solution, but are you using exchange? If so, and if it is setup right, you can search your company directory. So you can just keep your "favorites" on your local phone and if you need anybody in the company, just do an online lookup.

Or even stick a word doc on your device with company numbers as a backup.

It's a workaround, I know, but it may work for ya.

I did find this on a MS forum.. no solution yet though.
    I noticed the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/AddrBook
    with value for "Current" and "Current_View", the DWORD value for "Current_View" is 25301.

if someone can figure out what the value for "Personal", etc. is, the default view can probably be changed.