+ Reply to Thread

?? on txt msgs not coming in...

it seems as if i make a phone call i get all txt msgs received. any ideas on why this happens? i performed a hard reset and that didn't work....

How new is the phone? When I first got my phone there was one person (my friend) that I text alot, but when ever I texted him he would back up all my text messages for hours. After like 3 weeks I didn't really have the problem any more except for occasionally because of the same friend. It was really wierd and he was using an EnV....but if anyone does know a reason or solution I would love to know it

I had the same problem as you both descibed and it required VZW tech support to put in a repair ticket in for it. Works great now.

Quote Originally Posted by mazz0310 View Post
    How new is the phone? When I first got my phone there was one person (my friend) that I text alot, but when ever I texted him he would back up all my text messages for hours. After like 3 weeks I didn't really have the problem any more except for occasionally because of the same friend. It was really wierd and he was using an EnV....but if anyone does know a reason or solution I would love to know it
    i got the phone prob 2 months since it came out . my problem is that it's not just 1 person but anyone who sends a txt, i don't receive it when it gets sent... keep in mind it will do this occasionally. so sometimes i'll receive my txt on time, sometimes it will be late (almost an hour or so late!). and i just noticed this w/ in this last month. also when sending txt's, it seems the phone will not send them when i want them to and will put them in the "drafts folder". it will give me the msg: txt cannot be sent (something like that..). so usually when that happens, i'll go to my draft folder > open the txt > and re-send it. this gets really annoying when someone is chatting w/ you via txt.

Well yeah, I had the same problem, it would back up ALL my texts, not just from the one person, but it was texting the one person that caused the problem. I still don't know a solution, but yeah basically its the same problem you have, it only happens occasionally, but it backs up all my texts and I don't get any.

I found a quick solution if I know a txt is coming.. send myself a txt message and then the ones waiting in the queue comes in right away. hope that helps.

RC

Cruzer619, thanks for the tip. but most of my txt msg's will be from the one's i won't expect coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzer619 View Post
    I found a quick solution if I know a txt is coming.. send myself a txt message and then the ones waiting in the queue comes in right away. hope that helps.

RC
    Are you still having the same problem now?

a quick *228 could fix this too... I say try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by dwightkshrute View Post
    a quick *228 could fix this too... I say try it out.
    option 1 or 2?

Quote Originally Posted by darthtater1968 View Post
    Are you still having the same problem now?

yes still having the problem.. but only occasionaly.

i tried sending my self a text message and it still gets backed up and i may not get it for another 2 hours, ill try *228 next time but like we've said it only happens rarely.

Option 1 on *228

Quote Originally Posted by dwightkshrute View Post
    Option 1 on *228
    no luck. still receiving some of my txt's late.

Is anyone still having this problem? I noticed that I have gone about month or so with messages coming in OK, but same problem has returned again.

I notice that when someone sends me a txt msg, it can take any where from 10mins to 3 hours if not longer to recieve the message from the people sending them. I even tried sending one to myself, and it took over 20 minutes for me to rercieve it back. This in between the device not wanting o trn on when it has gone into sleep mode. "sigh" The tech support rep said that she was putting in a ticket, but I'm not holding my breath.

Has anyone else been able to fix this problem?

I would contact Tech support and ask them to take a look at the switch. That is what was holding me up when I did my phone udpate to 6.1. SMS stopped working but MMS and e-mail worked. Today SMS worked fine but MMS wasn't. Called in and verizon did some configurations on the switch and I'm able to get picture mail again.

Thanks Imakeholesinu.

Do I ask the Tech to look at the switch or is that a specific dept?