+ Reply to Thread

TomTom 5 and i760

I used TT5 with my Treo 650 for a couple of years. Love the product. Now I have the i760 and want to know if I can install it on the 760. When I put th einstall disc in I get two options:

1. Pocket PC (Windows CE)
    2. Palm device

I have tried the PPC option but the install hangs up. Am I trying to do the possible or immpossible? Thanks.

I couldn't install Tom Tom 5 either, and as far as I am aware, and as the website and support of Tom Tom say, it isn't compatible with the i760. Tom Tom 6 does work however.

I had it on the i730 and now on the 760. There's a patch to make it work, but it's been so long....
    try checking the TT site for i730 patches.

hey guys, I ran TTM 5 on my I730 and now I AM STILL using it with my i760. I have it running in the root directory of my storage card. The program automaticly installs some stuff to the unit itself when the card recognizes.

Quote Originally Posted by ltsteve View Post
    hey guys, I ran TTM 5 on my I730 and now I AM STILL using it with my i760. I have it running in the root directory of my storage card. The program automaticly installs some stuff to the unit itself when the card recognizes.

not sure what you mean lsteve... are you saying you put the card in a reader and then the install CD in computer and when the card recognizes the program auto installs? Thanks...

Hey folks... I did get this to work... had to go to tomtom.com and download updated 5.2xx version and install with that. Works great at this point. Live search is cool but I am glad to have "Lori" back talking me through even crazy places like the Newark airport area