+ Reply to Thread

I-760 for my pops advice?

I just installed the Yahoo 3.0 APP! Marvelous! My father asked if I could search for information regarding Mugabe via my phone and used the Yahoo news app search feature. He was quite impressed with it that he wants a phone so he could do that on the go. He is in his 60's and is not very phone literate..Should I go with an I-760 or is there an easier phone for him to use with features such as this- or is there a newer phone coming out since I purcahsed this (i760) a while back..

-I have Verizon

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Phil

Is he Verizon? If he's not "techy" I don't think Windows Mobile is the right choice. I'd say try a Blackberry maybe or one of the real "Smartphones" as opposed to PDA Phones, but I'm not sure what devises the Yahoo 3.0 Go will work on.

Maybe they'd be a candidate for the new 3G iPhone? I dunno, I suppose they would be a bit more user friendly.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

westcoastbmx, Welcome to the Forum!

Also you might want to use the "Search" on the top right. There is a lot of information on this Forum. Thanks, JASTECH
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

I second Luca's thoughts. PDA-Phones are techie devices, PDA's first and phones second. Definitely not for the uninitiated.

I recommend you look at the LG Voyager or the Samsung Glyde... These are non-WM smartphones that have a great web experience.

Skip

My wife is constantly lamenting to others how she can't figure out how to make a call with my phone.

She is right now deciding between a Curve or Glyde. I would like her to get the Curve, but somehow I figure I will have less headaches if she gets the Glyde. I hear it is less than perfect but it's a Sammy!
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur