+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Registered User darthtater1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    40

    *UNCONFIRMED* Software update

    Hey all,

    *THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED, THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD BY A TECH TONIGHT*

    I was speaking to a VZW Tech tonight concerning issues that I have been having with my 760 and asked about future updates for the phone and although he said that he was not sure about 6.1, the Tech did say that they have released another update that was suppose to address some other issues.

    The Tech said that it should be posted on the support page on the VZW website within a few days. I checked and have not seen it yet, but if anyone else can find it, let us know.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-27-2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    29
    Shouldn't this be with the rumor thread that is already stickied?

  3. #3
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,384
    What kind of issue are you having other then the BT issue?

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-17-2006
    Posts
    52
    Adding the the rumormill is this post from engadget: Verizon slide deck reveals Verizon i770, Palm 800w, fun facts - Engadget Mobile

  5. #5
    Registered User darthtater1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    What kind of issue are you having other then the BT issue?

    I have also been having problems with duplicate e-mails being delivered (this has been fixed as it was my settings on the website) but Verizon could not explain why it takes so long for texts to be delivered to my handset either. Some days it can take up to 2-3 hours for a text to be delivered.

    There going to send me a new handset, which I dont think will take care of the problem, but at least I'll have a phone without peeling paint. I did try to explain to the tech that I was not the only person having this problem, especially after reading about others in the forum, having the same problem as well, but the tech dismissed that comment, and told me to wait and see what happened with the new handset. (Guess, I'll wait and see.)

  6. #6
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by darthtater1968 View Post
    I have also been having problems with duplicate e-mails being delivered (this has been fixed as it was my settings on the website) but Verizon could not explain why it takes so long for texts to be delivered to my handset either. Some days it can take up to 2-3 hours for a text to be delivered.

    There going to send me a new handset, which I dont think will take care of the problem, but at least I'll have a phone without peeling paint. I did try to explain to the tech that I was not the only person having this problem, especially after reading about others in the forum, having the same problem as well, but the tech dismissed that comment, and told me to wait and see what happened with the new handset. (Guess, I'll wait and see.)
    I will bet it is not a problem with your device.

    I still would like to hear what people think are problems that they think need to be fixed in 6.1

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-28-2007
    Posts
    64
    1) Low Program Memory issues. I really liked the Samsung clock but it had a memory leak. I have to periodically use memory tools like Oxios to keep from running too low on Program Memory. Would love to see this improved.

    2) Network Connections. Periodically I open up IE and it gets stuck "Locating". I have an AEButton programmed to close the connection which fixes this. Would love to see the connection issue go away.

    3) 8GB SD support. I have the hack to support my 4 GB card which works great but would love to have 8 GB supported. Even native 4 GB support without the hack would be nice.

  8. #8
    n00b alquimista's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-05-2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    130

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by meatster View Post
    Adding the the rumormill is this post from engadget: Verizon slide deck reveals Verizon i770, Palm 800w, fun facts - Engadget Mobile
    Nice catch there. I'm gonna use that in my next email to Samsung AND Verizon. However, I bet that it won't do any good.

    To answer Mark_A_K
    - WM6.1 isn't all that great. I've been playing around with it in emulation, I'm hopeing for a bit more speed and support for running multiple apps at once. But those are my "reaches" my "middles" consist merely of sound profiles (like meeting, outdoor, vibrate and my fave the notorious "hugs" profile). My safeties? I don't think anything is a given with this little upgrade, but I'd like a tad more choice in customizing the Today page, like support for SBSH Facade. That's the bottom line thing I HATE about WM6 Pro, the Today screen is limited to merely stacking precompiled plug-ins one atop another. WM5 Classic had a nice XML based Home/Today screen. It was easy to manipulate and customize as well as taking up less system resources by NOT using bmp files for displaying even the simplest of text and NOT using DLL files that can't be ccustomized and take up to 30seconds to load (touch commander is crap BTW).

    That's all from me.
    HUGS
    I wouldn't say I've been missing it Bob.

  9. #9
    Registered User darthtater1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    I will bet it is not a problem with your device.

    I still would like to hear what people think are problems that they think need to be fixed in 6.1
    Quite right. I recieved my new phone this morning. I activated the phone as soon as I got it out of the box and sure enough, The text mesaging problem is still there. I suppose I will be making another phone call tonight to Verizon. When I do call, I will once again ask about the update and post here with whatever they say.

  10. #10
    Theme Builder JASTECH's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-02-2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    604
    I called VZN today because my phone stopped ringing/vibrating when called. Instead it goes right to voice mail. Soft reset and Hard reset does not change it. The tech I spoke to said "I would not buy that phone" but said for my needed use there was not a better phone from VZN. So I told him to log it all down so that when the Raphael or something with Nvidia's chip set comes here I will jump ship. He said nothing in the system for the 6.1 yet. Thanks, JASTECH
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

  11. #11
    Registered User ctsailor860's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-26-2008
    Posts
    3

    What about SPB Pocket Plus?

    Quote Originally Posted by alquimista View Post
    Nice catch there. I'm gonna use that in my next email to Samsung AND Verizon. However, I bet that it won't do any good.

    To answer Mark_A_K
    - WM6.1 isn't all that great. I've been playing around with it in emulation, I'm hopeing for a bit more speed and support for running multiple apps at once. But those are my "reaches" my "middles" consist merely of sound profiles (like meeting, outdoor, vibrate and my fave the notorious "hugs" profile). My safeties? I don't think anything is a given with this little upgrade, but I'd like a tad more choice in customizing the Today page, like support for SBSH Facade. That's the bottom line thing I HATE about WM6 Pro, the Today screen is limited to merely stacking precompiled plug-ins one atop another. WM5 Classic had a nice XML based Home/Today screen. It was easy to manipulate and customize as well as taking up less system resources by NOT using bmp files for displaying even the simplest of text and NOT using DLL files that can't be ccustomized and take up to 30seconds to load (touch commander is crap BTW).

    That's all from me.
    HUGS

    I too, was disappointed with the Today screen (this is my first WM6 device), until I read a comment at PhoneArena about this great app. It cost me $29.99 from Handango, but I can customize the screen to look like a real desktop window. You can dload a trial version, see what you think.

    Hope this helps...
    Last edited by ctsailor860; 06-04-2008 at 07:01 PM.
    "It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it".

    - Steven Wright

  12. #12
    Registered User darthtater1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    40
    OK. I just got off the phone with the tech at VZW, and there wasnt too much they could do to help me with the Txt. problems, but I did get as far as to get the name of the new update that they were suppose to release.

    Its simply called BC04 The update was released April 1st 2008 and was suppose to address a couple of issues, but focused on the wifi.

    For anyone that is interested, I hope that helps.


    Thanks

  13. #13
    Registered User darthtater1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by darthtater1968 View Post
    OK. I just got off the phone with the tech at VZW, and there wasnt too much they could do to help me with the Txt. problems, but I did get as far as to get the name of the new update that they were suppose to release.

    Its simply called BC04 The update was released April 1st 2008 and was suppose to address a couple of issues, but focused on the wifi.

    For anyone that is interested, I hope that helps.


    Thanks
    I tried to Google the BC04 and all it is showing is a chipset

    Chipset CSR BC04 Audio ROM so maybe its a update for that specific chipset. If anyone else gets there hands on the update, I would be grateful to know where you got it from.

    Thanks

    TM

  14. #14
    Theme Builder JASTECH's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-02-2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    604
    darthtater1968, do you have a son? If so is his name tatertot? j/k

    On a serious note (ba..ding), lol....I am looking at that Nvidia chip set a lot. Looks good to me. But I don't know what can be done on the ROM.
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

  15. #15
    Registered User darthtater1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by JASTECH View Post
    darthtater1968, do you have a son? If so is his name tatertot? j/k.
    Actually, My best freind, and Youth group at church all refer to me as Tater-tot. lol

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-09-2008
    Posts
    78
    I'm not too sure I want to update to 6.1. I have some SPB software, and from what I read on their site, most of the software does not operate very well with 6.1, especially Backup.

  17. #17
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by JASTECH View Post
    I called VZN today because my phone stopped ringing/vibrating when called. Instead it goes right to voice mail. Soft reset and Hard reset does not change it. The tech I spoke to said "I would not buy that phone" but said for my needed use there was not a better phone from VZN. So I told him to log it all down so that when the Raphael or something with Nvidia's chip set comes here I will jump ship. He said nothing in the system for the 6.1 yet. Thanks, JASTECH
    Did he give or did you ask for his resons for not buying that phone?

  18. #18
    Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-27-2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by darthtater1968 View Post
    OK. I just got off the phone with the tech at VZW, and there wasnt too much they could do to help me with the Txt. problems, but I did get as far as to get the name of the new update that they were suppose to release.

    Its simply called BC04 The update was released April 1st 2008 and was suppose to address a couple of issues, but focused on the wifi.

    For anyone that is interested, I hope that helps.


    Thanks
    I wasnt awhere of any WiFi issues.....
    My wifi works great.

    Did you ask what issues will be addressed?

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-07-2007
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by darthtater1968 View Post
    ...but Verizon could not explain why it takes so long for texts to be delivered to my handset either. Some days it can take up to 2-3 hours for a text to be delivered.
    (Guess, I'll wait and see.)
    This is a Verizon issue and not the phone. I had this problem and we figured it out. VZ is setup to only allow "plain text" text messages to go to this phone, so any text messages with enhanced text (emoticons etc...) go through the verizon scrubber/converter and get translated before send to your phone. With the volumne of text messages being going through verizon the translator gets backed up frequently. The annoying part is once a message is queued up in the translator all other text messages being sent to you have to wait until the one in the translator has been delivered.

    The i760 can handle the "extended" text messages, but Verizon has it set in their system that it can't so it goes through the translator.

    If you can, tell people to send MMS messages or plain text messages without the "extended" text features. They will go through right away.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-29-2007
    Posts
    233
    What is the url to the verizon page with this update, or where it will be posted?

    Samsung SCH-i760

    ??
    Last edited by bodean; 06-05-2008 at 12:07 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts