+ Reply to Thread

8gb SDHC fix at XDA dev?

stumbled upon this thread at XDA. There are files attached and supposedly this will support up to 8gb. It's definitely a different set of files than the sdhc cab I've been using. I don't have a 6 or 8gb to test

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=344338

Well... I think this has been covered elsewhere. Also, if you read the last page of the referenced XDA post (e.g., 20 May 2008 and beyond), it appears it does no work.
    John

Actually, I did read quite a few of the pages of that thread. I saw several people had issues, but several also said they got it to work and recognize the full 8gb. I don't know if it depends on the device, but from what I was reading it looked likeit was more a matter of how its installed, and there were files later in the thread to patch it.

i tried that one with a 6 gb card i have and while the card will kinda work, it has issues. the 6 gb card will only see like 1.7 gb. and if you put files on the card with your pc, there is no guarranty that it will be within the 1.7 gb chunk the phone can see. i broke down and bought another 4 gb card which works fine. I think the 8 gb card can only see 4 gb on the phone.

I've tried that one - and every other SDHC.cab I can find - but 4G is all I get so far.

I bought an 8G MicroSDHC for this purpose, but it's now just serving as the ReadyBoost in my tablet. Whenever I find an SDHC driver that might be different, I backup the phone (SBP Backup), install and try the 8G. No luck yet.

TomTom on the 4G is taking a gig or so, leaving only about 2G for my music after all the other miscellaneous stuff I've got. I'm sure eager to get another 4G for music!