+ Reply to Thread

removal of Outlook E-mail from messaging queue

I have a question.

When I am on the 'Today screen' and select Messages/Missed calls, It opens up to Outlook E-mail which I do not use. I then have to right click to get to my email account and review my emails. I assume the Outlook E-mail is for those who use the Outlook Exchange function.

My question is, Is there a way to take the Outlook E-mail option out of the options OR have my email account be the defaut open?

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    I dont think you can remove it.
    I do just what you stated......right click until I get to the account I want.

I don't see any way to fix it on the "Today" screen but if you set up your softkey to "messaging", it always comes up to the last account you were in. Make sure to un-check the account picker function when opening messaging.

I've found that if you deselect "email" in your activesync options, the outlook email option disappears from the messaging account selector.

However, when you click on the "you have no unread email messages" on the today screen it still brings you to the empty outlook account by default...