Closed Thread

Windows mobile 6.1 scheduled for June

If you take a look at these leaked slides verizon states 6.1 will be available in June 2008. Of course we know verizon lags but at least it will eventually be coming out

Verizon slide deck reveals Verizon i770, Palm 800w, fun facts - Engadget Mobile

Windows Mobile 6.1 for SCH-i760 Rumor Thread

http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...re-update.html

Great news and worthy of excitement imo so the repetition in understandable imo.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I really hope this includes a fix for the bluetooth issue.
    Samsung SCH-i730 -> Treo 700w -> Samsung SCH-i760 -> Samsung Omnia (SCH-i910)

Quote Originally Posted by thaibruin View Post
    I really hope this includes a fix for the bluetooth issue.
    And the muffled screen tapping issues.
    And the not waking up when an SMS message comes in.
    And the 2 Gig Micro SD limit (I know about the hack. Just would be nice to have 4 or 8 gig supported officially).

Too bad it can't magically fix the mushy screen.
    Samsung SCH-i730 -> Treo 700w -> Samsung SCH-i760 -> Samsung Omnia (SCH-i910)

Quote Originally Posted by meatster View Post
    And the muffled screen tapping issues.
    And the not waking up when an SMS message comes in.
    And the 2 Gig Micro SD limit (I know about the hack. Just would be nice to have 4 or 8 gig supported officially).
    You know you can set it not to turn on when you get an sms message. Go into settings then notifications. go to the sms from the drop down menu. Then there is an option to not turn screen on when message comes in

Also the microsd limit isnt really a problem I have a 4gb card works fine. Your right though they should make it support 8gb nativly.

I think he meant his phone doesn't always wake up for SMS messages like it should... on occasion, I won't get a message until I turn on my phone, by then it could be hours later. Just today I turned on my phone at 4:00, and my phone started buzzing about a new message from 2:00.

Muffled screen tapping issues? You mean something in software... or just the screen?

Quote Originally Posted by zachman123 View Post
    I think he meant his phone doesn't always wake up for SMS messages like it should... on occasion, I won't get a message until I turn on my phone, by then it could be hours later. Just today I turned on my phone at 4:00, and my phone started buzzing about a new message from 2:00.

Muffled screen tapping issues? You mean something in software... or just the screen?
    Ya I think your right I get that same problem too sometimes

These slides are very interesting. The i770 looks REALLY sweet if the specs are all accurate. And the listed upgrades for the xv6800 are enticing too. May???? Hmmmm....it's June already. And I sure wish that Gobi card would be showing up soon. Love to see it in a sony SZ laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by zachman123 View Post
    Screen Taps Not As Loud?

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    Windows Mobile 6.1 for SCH-i760 Rumor Thread

http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...re-update.html

Great news and worthy of excitement imo so the repetition in understandable imo.
    I think we should keep the discussion in the WM6.1 thread that is the sticky... Three or for of these threads to track about the same subject is boggling!
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

That's kind of what I was hoping for. Can the threads not be merged? Otherwise a lock and link to the stickied thread would work I think.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Sorry I haven't been on this. I was on vacation last week and trying to catch up at work has kept me busy. I agree that all rumors of a WM 6.1 release should be kept in the stickied thread, here: Windows Mobile 6.1 for SCH-i760 Rumor Thread. Therefore, I'm going to close this one.

Once WM 6.1 for the i760 is released, I'll close the rumor thread and we can start a new one that addresses issues/problems with the i760. I'll also try to remember to update the FAQs with info about WM 6.1.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)