+ Reply to Thread

Vonage Talk, WM6 compile

Vonage Talk is a free VOIP client that works on a PC for people who have a Vonage account. It's pretty cool. What would really be cool would be to run it on the i760. Found this link: https://forums.vonage.com/showthread...windows+mobile It says the source code is available and could be compiled under Windows Mobile.... Anybody here know how to do this?

Link to source code:
    https://sourceforge.net/project/show...ease_id=528754
    Last edited by akeeping; 06-03-2008 at 11:40 AM. Reason: link to source code

Check this out.

I don't have Vonage but came across this over at XDA, thought it might help.

Thanks... Taking a look at the thread, somewhere the author says the phone (ROM) needs to have native VOIP support. I think that has been removed from the 760.

How about Fring?

I believe VOIP has been removed, I have tried several times to get it installed, each time with no success.

I can't wait until this thing gets hacked enough to the point where we can cook roms .

I just bought a Softphone for a month and you aren't missing anything.

I had set it up with Fring and XTEN and both of them drop so much data that it's not worth it.

I am setting up my phone with Skype and I'll soon use them for everything..

I haven't had much luck with Skype. The data connection is still not fast enough, unless you are using WiFi.

I really wish these VOIP clients would allow a lower quality settings. I would rather have lower quality than cutting in and out.

Richard

I wonder how SKYPE would work on a Verzion phone that is Rev A enabled? Or would that speed not be fast enough?

The EVDO downlink is typically fast enough for VOIP, it's the uplink which can be too slow. RevA has a faster uplink speed and would be better for VOIP connections.

I tried a Skype call to my family yesterday and they said that it was a little muffled. Went back and called on my laptop via skype and it was fine.

After very careful review this weekend, I am dumping vonage for Skype.