Closed Thread

samsung i760 4g hack

hi. i'm new and semi computer literate. i have the fix in my phones "my documents" folder but when i try to click it ,it says no application associated with sdhc. run app. first then open file. help!! thanx dmatisoff

Everyone needs to take a deep breath, stop popping off publicly, and start letting the moderators know if there's an issue that needs to be addressed.

One of the primary rules we'll enforce is that we expect everyone to be polite and social on the forums. If you can't do that, then please be prepared for the infractions and bans on posting that will follow.

If someone's bothering you or think is being inappropriate, hit report. Being rude either because you feel like it or in response is a path to endless flame wars, and we're not going to tolerate that.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAlbion View Post
    Everyone needs to take a deep breath, stop popping off publicly, and start letting the moderators know if there's an issue that needs to be addressed.

One of the primary rules we'll enforce is that we expect everyone to be polite and social on the forums. If you can't do that, then please be prepared for the infractions and bans on posting that will follow.

If someone's bothering you or think is being inappropriate, hit report. Being rude either because you feel like it or in response is a path to endless flame wars, and we're not going to tolerate that.
    For the reasons expressed in PerfAlbion's post, I've deleted the posts in question.

If you can't answer the original poster's question, point the original poster to the place where he can find the answer, or contribute something useful to help resolve the issue, please don't post.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dmatisoff View Post
    hi. i'm new and semi computer literate. i have the fix in my phones "my documents" folder but when i try to click it ,it says no application associated with sdhc. run app. first then open file. help!! thanx dmatisoff
    dmatisoff,

Welcome to PDAPhoneHome.com. I hope you find the site as helpful and as informative as I have over the years.

Please post questions relating to the 4GB microSD HC hack in this thread: 4GB microSD HC.

Just so everyone is clear, to download the hack, go to post #41 in the above-referenced thread and click the link to sdhc.zip. This will result in the hack being downloaded to your PC (unless, of course, your doing this from your i760 ). Once you have downloaded the file named sdhc.zip, you will need to un-zip (unarchive, decompress, extract, etc.) the file. To do that, right-click the file and choose "Extract All. After you've un-zipped the schc.zip file, you'll end up with a folded named sdhc. Inside the folder will be a file named sdhc.cab. Copy the file sdhc.cab to someplace on your i760. Then, on your i760, tap the sdhc.cab file. This should start the installer. When it asks you where you want to install the hack, tell it Device (not Storage Card).

If you have any problems installing or using the hack, please post in the the other thread.

Good luck, and do let us know if you run into any problems.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)