+ Reply to Thread

Outlook Mail client and Gmail setup...

I've been using the Outlook Mail Client and IMAP4 for gmail. I guess every 2-3 weeks whenever I go to send a message I get an error stating that I'm not in a coverage area to send messages after doing a send/receive (manual). I have to delete the account off of the phone and re-create it to fix the issue. Anyone else having this issue using Outlook on the i760 for your gmail account?

I setup Gmail as an IMAP account and it has worked fine with Mobile Outlook via Verizon Wireless Sync ever since. No issues. Are you using Wireless Sync? If so, check the gmail setup online at wirelesssync.vzw.com.
    Last edited by jpinsl; 06-04-2008 at 01:29 PM.

I am not using Wireless sync, I'm just using the outlook client on the phone.

Okay, but how does Outlook connect to gmail?

FWIW -
    I have the Gmail IMAP4 set up *and* Wireless Sync also, and switch between the two services. Never saw that issue before, and I typically travel between Ny, Vermont and sometimes Mass, and haven't seen that error. Just this week, I saw the message that it couldn't connect, and it happened a few times. I was in my home area. I shut down and restarted the phone and it was fine.

Maybe someone could share their exact settings, but I did want to mention a possible backup for you. Have you tried setting up esmertec jbed (java - do a search if interested) and installed the gmail midlet? I use this all the time and it's excellent imo. You won't get the integration with the rest of the OS, but in a pinch it will let you access your mail with a nice GUI.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Quote Originally Posted by jpinsl View Post
    Okay, but how does Outlook connect to gmail?
    Outlook connects to Gmail using IMAP4.

Quote Originally Posted by gary1218 View Post
    FWIW -
    I have the Gmail IMAP4 set up *and* Wireless Sync also, and switch between the two services. Never saw that issue before, and I typically travel between Ny, Vermont and sometimes Mass, and haven't seen that error. Just this week, I saw the message that it couldn't connect, and it happened a few times. I was in my home area. I shut down and restarted the phone and it was fine.
    I have tried both a soft and hard/reset to noavail. I am able to send and receive text messages, and mms messages just fine. I have full bars and am dialed in when attempting to send/receive from the outlook client when the gmail account is selected. It does the same thing when I'm connected using POP3.