+ Reply to Thread

data connecting... disconnecting... connecting... disconnecting

Recently my phone has opened a data connection for 10 seconds, and then it disconnects. Then 20 to 30 seconds later it opens it again, and then closes it in 10 seconds.

It will do this over and over and over for no apparent reason. It is very annoying because the pop up that allows you to hide or cancel the connection keeps coming up. So when I am texting, or doing anything else on the phone, you have to stop and close that notification.

This has been going on for a couple weeks now, and I haven't installed or changed any apps on the phone in the past month.

Also, the only 2 programs that should open a connection on their own are my gmail account and my weather updates (both of which are set to update on 2 hour intervals).

Has anyone had a similar problem? Or know of a possible solution?

Thanks.

I wonder if it's VZN changing things so you SMS it will cost you. Just a thought. Thanks, JASTECH
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

I don't know but I have noticed that phone has downloaded 50 mb so far today and its only 3pm.

Ususaly I would be around 10 mb for the entire day.

I'm wondering if I have some kind of app on my phone that is connecting to the internet.

Anyone know of any viruses that are out there (I don't think there are but you never know)

Either way I want to hard reset for the first time ever but now I am just going to suck it up and wait til 6.1

has anyone else experienced this?

it also wears on the battery... and it gets worse by the day

coleslaw
    Do you currently run Verizons Wireless Sync?

Nope... but the problem seemed to go away on its own and now everything is ok.

It was weird because after I noticed that I was actually uploading around 90MB a day, not downloading. And then as quickly as the problem occurred, it went away on its own... hopefully to never come back!