+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Verizon Wireless to Buy Alltel In $28.1 Billion Deal

wow you just beat me to posting this...

Hopefully they will get rid of those annoying ass My Circle commercials!

Quote Originally Posted by fatal187 View Post
    Hopefully they will get rid of those annoying ass My Circle commercials!
    AMEN to that! I haaaate those commercials, along with the mac vs vista commercials. Basically I hate any commercial that degrades a competitor instead of selling their own product.

BUT you got to admit CHAD kicks a$$.. purely because of his name

Quote Originally Posted by slosho View Post
    BUT you got to admit CHAD kicks a$$.. purely because of his name

Huh??? what's so sexy about Chad?????

Quote Originally Posted by dima View Post
    Huh??? what's so sexy about Chad?????
    Well I don't know about the Chad he's referring to, but the girls where I work really like the 2 Chad's that work there...prolly cuz of their nicknames...lol.

Hanging Chad - Cuz he...*ahem*...apparently has equine ancestors in his family tree according to rumours. lol.

Dimpled Chad - Young, blond, blue-eyed intern with a Kirk Douglas chin.

*puke*

This is bad bad bad. Not good for competition at all. Eventually Sprint will be bought out, leaving only 2 left. AT&T and Verizon. Only the fringe market players (Alltel and Sprint) are a viable alternative for the consumer and they create competiton by lowering prices, thus forcing the giants to play along. Once the fringe companies are gone, there is no longer a need by the big guys to lower their prices, instead they will raise prices. The consumer's only option will be choosing between one behemoth or the other.

This will be approved by the FCC as they continue to delay the XM/Sirius merger ...
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I told people about this a couple years ago and they told me I was full of crap, lol...Like to see there faces now...I guess this may help me too as I live in AllHells network and no house phone so the miss's and I rely on our cell phones especially with my 20 month old son and living 13 miles out of town. As stated above I hope they fix AllHells network and don't raise prices do to less competition. I would also like to have better phones like the Raphael or something with that Nvidia APX 2500 chip set. Thanks, JASTECH
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    This will be approved by the FCC as they continue to delay the XM/Sirius merger ...
    Amen to that. Still amazes me that oil company mergers get approved faster than sat radio...

Quote Originally Posted by JASTECH View Post
    I told people about this a couple years ago and they told me I was full of crap, lol...Like to see there faces now...I guess this may help me too as I live in AllHells network and no house phone so the miss's and I rely on our cell phones especially with my 20 month old son and living 13 miles out of town. As stated above I hope they fix AllHells network and don't raise prices do to less competition. I would also like to have better phones like the Raphael or something with that Nvidia APX 2500 chip set. Thanks, JASTECH
    JASTECH, if she has internet service at home have her try magicJack very good alternative to the home phone!

fatal187, We have seen the commercial but wondered if it is in fact that good.
    I can dl at 1.4 mb/sec. on my 5ghz wireless. But don't know if that would cause any type of interference. Any thoughts? Thanks, JASTECH
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

I am told that the deal has been inked TODAY and is now to await approval

EDIT: if you don't believe it.....
    CHAD rules... that's my name..

Verizon Wireless To Acquire Alltel; Will Expand Nation’s Most Reliable Wireless Network
    Last edited by slosho; 06-05-2008 at 11:02 PM. Reason: UPDATE!@!!!

Is Chad and the Verizon nerd going to have to make up?

A shame really. I don't know all that much about Alltel, but it felt good that there was this upstart taking on the big companies. Such is capitalism.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Quote Originally Posted by JASTECH View Post
    fatal187, We have seen the commercial but wondered if it is in fact that good.
    I can dl at 1.4 mb/sec. on my 5ghz wireless. But don't know if that would cause any type of interference. Any thoughts? Thanks, JASTECH
    Jastech, It works Flawlessly over my home dsl and damn good over my verizon card, plugged into my laptop

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    Is Chad and the Verizon nerd going to have to make up?

A shame really. I don't know all that much about Alltel, but it felt good that there was this upstart taking on the big companies. Such is capitalism.
    alltel was/is much more then an upstart they were started in 1985, and did not hit the main stage until their purchase of western wireless (CellOne )

I have their history for you here
    if your a geek like me you'll find their history interesting

also this is terrible news For sprint.
    And I will go out on a limb and say right now that if in 1 yr sprint is still loosing customers T-mobile will own sprint.
    so I hope the XDA guys like the germans....

Oh WIZZZZZZZZZARD!!!!

I can see it now in walks the real VZW guy amongst the idiots yells like you post from above, wizard pops out, ZAP and there goes chad... boy that commercial made the transition easy commercials over QED