+ Reply to Thread

Some Help With UltimateLaunch and rlToday

I got my hands on UltimateLanch and rlToday and I love em both. I just had a few questions that I couldn't find when I tried searching.

I created a Tab in UltimateLaunch for 'Programs' and added a couple of the basic ones (Word, Media Player) that I could find in the \Windows directory. However, I can not find the .exe or .lnk files for programs such as 'Memory', 'Wireless Manager', 'Soft Reset', etc. Does any one where to locate these and more?

Also, I have rlToday set-up as my Home tab in UltimateLaunch, but after a few seconds of inactivity (before the backlight turns off), the Home tab will "hide" and will only open again when you click on it. This is kind of annoying since I like to keep my time/date ready to look at when I look at my phone. Is this a problem with rlToday or UltimateLaunch, and does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!

i suggest installing quickmenu it changes your start menu to one like in regular windows and it has a reboot option, you can add a shortcut to their exe if you like. I'm not sure of the actual file names you need to link to for the other proggies.

for the home tab make sure you have it set to "open on startup" (click on the tab, click Change, then click on the "tab" tab

also set the home tab to "return to start tab after" and choose a time setting. I set mine to 1 minute so if i leave it on another tab too long it will go back to my home tab. this settign is under the Behavior tab.

Thanks joshrys! I selected those options for the UltimateLaunch tabs, but after a short while, the Home tab still hides and then comes back up randomly.

I'll download quickmenu when I get home from work. I checked it out online, and it seems like it will be a great add-on.

Does anyone else happen to know the file names or directories for Memory and Wireless Manager?

I'm not sure what's causing the tab to autohide...I do see a setting in UltimateLauncher on the Behavior tab that says "always minimize height'. Not sure what it does, but mine is unchecked and I don't have an autohide problem.

As for the links to Memory and Wireless Manager....I don't know that you can add those to UL, but you can use this (Download SmartUtilities 1.0 for Windows Mobile PocketPC - Softpedia) wwhich will give you access to some of those features.

I downloaded SmartUtilities.... but the promps are in a different language (i think german). Anyway to change that to English?

There aren't specific files that open up system information like 'memory'. Instead you have to create the link to them yourself. Here's how you can create a shortcut icon in UL that will open up the Memory window.

1. Open a new file on notepad (either on your phone or on your desktop).
    2. Type in "20#ctlpnl cplmain.cpl,4" (no quotation marks).
    3. Save the file as 'memory.lnk'.
    4. Place this in your 'Personal' folder under 'My Documents' on your phone.
    5. In UL, create a link to the 'memory.lnk' file, chose an appropriate icon, and you should be set.

If you are interested in other system settings, this page at XDA-forums has an entire list of links: List Of .lnks - xda-developers.