+ Reply to Thread

How can I transfer my Address book

I finally got sick of the issues with my i760 and bought the bb 8130, so now my question is how can I transfer all of my contact? Is there anyway to save all of my contacts to my sd card? That way I could just upload them all into the bb. Any help is greatly appreciated.

hondakevin21, in the root of your i760 is a file called pim.vol and that is where all your contacts are. You can copy/paste them to your SD card. Can you active sync to the PC then transfer to your BB? I don't know much at all about the files system on BB's. You might want to try looking in the BB Forum as they should know. Thanks, JASTECH
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

Thanks for the help i'm still trying to figure this out since I can't find the pim.vol file that you were taking about, i'll ask the bb forums.

Start>>>File Explorer>>>My Device>>> Then look towards the bottom and it's there. Thanks, JASTECH
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

If you are planning on transferring to a BB I would just to the transfer via Outlook, assuming you are syncing with Outlook on your Desktop. A blackberry isn't going to know what to do with a pim.vol file from a Windows Mobile phone... there may be a utility out there that will convert it, but I don't know about that one...
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

am I missing something... I tried to paste my pim.vol file over the one on my phone both from the sd card and via activesync. the former wouldn't work and the latter did. both gave me errors though and with both the end result was the same. didn't restore my contacts... I was wondering if I was missing something, if anyone here has actually tried it and it works, or what.