+ Reply to Thread

A quick question about weather programs

if i set it to update automatically will i be charged? if so how much?

Quote Originally Posted by animal91 View Post
    if i set it to update automatically will i be charged? if so how much?
    You don't have a data plan?

no i do not

I guess it's all gonna depend on the program you use. I think the one I'm using downloads about 243kb each time. I dunno what they are charging per mb.

If you don't have a plan, and your phone is setup to still download per kb, then you can be in some serious trouble if you don't keep track of it. I think (and correct me if I'm wrong) that Verizon charges about 1.5 cents per kb (I think, though that might have been their price years ago, I haven't checked recently). If that's true, then if you were to download what cubfan80 downloaded, it would be 243kb * .015 = $3.65 for that one download, I think. It's a total rip-off, so either get a data plan, or, if you're totally set on using the weather program, use your wifi or pc connection only (call verizon, and tell them to block the data totally, so it doesn't go online automatically), or if you're rich, I guess you wouldn't care about these insane charges.

Best bet=get data plan

The guy at Verizon told me they were going to finally drop the data plan to $29 a month if you aren't using Exchange. It's a beautiful thing.

Or if u have Texting as part of your plan ... send a txt to Google @ 46645 with "Wx 12345" without the quotes where the 12345 equals your Zip code and get current weather and forecast