+ Reply to Thread

Raise volume for headset

Alright so kill me cause I searched and searched even googled this and couldn't find it.

Is there a hack to raise the volume for a headset? I'm trying to listen to baseball while cutting the grass and can't hear a thing. Thanks!

You can change the bandwidth of the sound that will give it more clarity, atleast it did on mine. I have not found it in the registry on the i760. I did it on the 6700 and it was so load it gave me a head ache, lol so I turned the volume down as I had forgotten to. Maybe try a different head set that has greater volume.
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

What player are you using? Most decent players have an equalizer with a Preamp setting you can crank up at your own risk (i.e. I use MortPlayer which has this - TCPMP as well)
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    What player are you using? Most decent players have an equalizer with a Preamp setting you can crank up at your own risk (i.e. I use MortPlayer which has this - TCPMP as well)
    Unfortunately I'm listening to streaming MLB.com and it uses Media Player...

Hmm, if there was a way to get TCPMP to play the stream you'd be all set. Not sure if it's possible however.

Have you tried messing with the R2VS (in Settings/System) thingy? It seems to have a EQ and you could boost the mid-range (voice) freqs and get a bit more volume. It only works with wired headphones or I'd give it a try.

I use MortPlayer (and love it) - it's my understanding that it's simply a skin for WMP with a whole bunch of advance options (so in theory it should work with w/e WMP can play). Give it a D-load and try getting the stream to play there - then you could definitely get a Pre-Amp boost.

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    I use MortPlayer (and love it) - it's my understanding that it's simply a skin for WMP with a whole bunch of advance options (so in theory it should work with w/e WMP can play). Give it a D-load and try getting the stream to play there - then you could definitely get a Pre-Amp boost.

I have Mort Player installed but can't figure out how to get it to play a stream. Any ideas?

I installed mort earlier and haven't messed around a lot hopefuly I can figure it out later

There's a ton of options -

If you have the URL you can click Open and paste in the URL of the stream.

Under Settings / Playback and system

There is a File extension menu where you can associate different file with MortPlayer etc. Without knowing about the stream I don't know, but it has to be possible I think.

I used Mortplayer for few days.

I didn't love it.

What was i missing?