+ Reply to Thread

How do I clear my I760??

I am looking at selling my I 760 as I don't use it enough and was wondering how do I clear it of all of my content without deleting the programs?? Any quick hints.....that would be much appreciated!!! Thanks!

If you delete the PIM.VOL files in the Windows directory, that should wipe out all of your PIM data. A Hard Reset would be your best/safest bet, but that would delete any after market programs you have loaded.

how do u do a hard reset as I have not installed any aftermarket apps.

Robert Tankersley
    Quote Originally Posted by tincup975 View Post
    I am looking at selling my I 760 as I don't use it enough and was wondering how do I clear it of all of my content without deleting the programs?? Any quick hints.....that would be much appreciated!!! Thanks!
    On the slide out keypad, press the little red reset button while holding the D pad key. Do not release the Dpad key until the message is displayed "Do you want to clear memory". At that time press "yes"
    Robert Tankersley CDP

what is the d pad key?? the letter d on the keyboard?? if it is it doesn't work for me..someone help!!! PLease!!

Another way to do it is to click on settings, then phone. From there click the Security tab and then clear all data. This will remove all user data, installed programs, and phone settings.

This is also found in FAQ's.
    FAQ - Samsung SCH-i760 - Pre-Release Version

And on this thread.
    Hard Reset question

Taken from iProb8
    Welcome to PDAPhoneHome.com,. If you have not already done so, I highly recommend you read the FAQs that appear in the banner forum (the yellow header at the top of the thread list). They contain a lot of info on the i760, as well as links to threads with some additional good info.
    Last edited by JASTECH; 06-21-2008 at 07:44 PM.
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester