+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: youtube

Thumbs up youtube

Anyone figured how to watch on the I760? I searched the forum and no results came back? Thanks in advance!!!

If you search for "youtube" you should find multiple threads on this subject.

Full Youtube and Google Video access! - TreoCentral.com

Do this and it works wonderfully.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I followed the link and work great.

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    If you search for "youtube" you should find multiple threads on this subject.

Full Youtube and Google Video access! - TreoCentral.com

Do this and it works wonderfully.
    Thanks for the Link!

We need a i760Central !

I get tired of searching accessories and programs when we could have it all in one forum.

King of Too much to keep up with
    I personally recommend trying out Vtap, another member here recommended it, and I have to say I am loving it. It requires no dependency on flash bundle, no TCPMP, no pocket IE in order to use it. It's a standalone application that searches across all of the popular video sites, and plays them full screen without a hitch (at least for me). vTap for Windows Mobile

I found that a lot of people, including myself, say "if it's not youtube, it's just a knockoff"

Youtube is a very very well known community and has worldwide appeal. vTap is is just another video site.

Pretty Good Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abuttino View Post
    I found that a lot of people, including myself, say "if it's not youtube, it's just a knockoff"

Youtube is a very very well known community and has worldwide appeal. vTap is is just another video site.
    But vTap is not a site, it's a program that searches many video sites, including youtube. Only drawback to vTap is you cannot download video files. That was a conscious decision to alleviate concern for the fact that it plays so many different video formats.

Does YouTube now work out-of-the-box with 6.1? I read that it was supposed to, but I just want to hear a confirmation on it.

Pretty Good Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyG View Post
    Does YouTube now work out-of-the-box with 6.1? I read that it was supposed to, but I just want to hear a confirmation on it.
    The mobile version of YouTube plays on Windows Media Player but I don't like it. Videos are too small in full-screen mode.

I tried the TreoCentral links to install these files post-6.1 upgrade and it simply doesn't work for me. I don't even get a 'Video Pages' shortcut after installing the FlashVideoBundle. Any success for others post-6.1?

I actually can't even open either of the TCPMP programs linked in that post when I install. I just get an error and something about 'crash.txt'.
    Last edited by bliu; 08-06-2008 at 10:28 AM.

From 6.1 sticky above (wealth of information in the stickies and former threads).
    WM 6.1--New Features & Bug Fixes

There's two choices that seem to work. Another wonderful awesome thingy from the great xda folks.

Quote Originally Posted by cotogee View Post
    Anyone figured how to watch on the I760? I searched the forum and no results came back? Thanks in advance!!!
    just watch it in your browser

Download SkyFire!
    Treo 650 -> Samsung i730 -> Samsung i760 -> Samsung Omnia i910
    Hillsdale College- educating for liberty w/o any fed. funding.

From 6.1 sticky above (wealth of information in the stickies and former threads).
    WM 6.1--New Features & Bug Fixes

There's two choices that seem to work. Another wonderful awesome thingy from the great xda folks.
    From here: TCPMP for WM6.1 Build 19202 and higher - xda-developers
    I tried all three versions of the TCPMP build for 6.1 with the Skunkworks FlashVideoBundle and none of them worked. Did you use any of those 3 versions of TCPMP?

I used version 3 and it worked like a charm.

You have to install TCPMP first, then the flash bundle. Additionally, it works in PIE only.

Make sure any version of TCPMP is removed from the system.

Skyfire will do it natively which is nice, but expect lag.

Coreplayer has a built in youtube browser and player which is very nice, but it only supports youtube.

Vtap searches many video sites including youtube and is free, and DOES benefit from the flash video cab bundle (for the "direct play" option, much better video quality).

I recommend both.

I originally watched through vTap. Worked like a champ and very little lag.

WM6.1 with PIE plays YouTube videos just fine.

Skyfire works great, too. I've experienced some lag while buffering... but it's not bad considering what the browser is doing for you.

I tried down loading TCPMP for wm6.1 and the flash bundle and it didn't work for me.

I got tired of messing with all of that stuff, skyfire works awesome.

From another YouTube thread - there are so many -

Another option - I've not tried it and I don't really find the need, but I may give it a try. Sounds like a nice package - wish it also worked with other flv sites.

youtubeplay 1.0.0.9 - YouTube Player - featuring full FLV - xda-developers
    Basically does the same thing as the Flash Bundle options but all in one package.
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 11-02-2008 at 05:23 PM.

youtube

I would get the sky fire browser. Works perfect with you tube videos just like your desktop browser.