+ Reply to Thread

Wedding webcast, a challange

Ok guys, I've got a challange for you. Here's what I've got....
    1. Daughter's wedding in Mexico in November.
    2. 90 year old Grandfather in Kentucky who can't attend.
    3. WiFi at the hotel where the wedding is
    4. Laptop with wireless able to webcast what I can get into it.
    5. i760 with WiFi router and camera.

Here's what I'd like to do:
    1. Use the camera on the i760 to stream video of the event to the laptop
    2. Go from the laptop wirelessly to the server in the hotel and on to the internet.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I could use a regular video cam with a firewire connection to the laptop but I don't want the restriction of a wired connection. Googled "wireless firewire" and came up with a number of hits, circa 2004, referencing the standard being approved, but apparently no commercial products ever came of it. I've also seen references to wifi video cams like, like Panasonic introduces first Wi-Fi Lumix digital camera | Digital Cameras | ZDNet.com . For the life of me, I can't figure out how you would use the laptop to receive the video stream via wireless and publish it via wireless at the same time.

Good one, hunh?

Al K.

@#$% WinCE Devices...
    If you can figure this out, you're probably looking at a solution you can market & sell.

I'm just saying.

Best of luck!

I'll throw in an idea. My first born arrived 8 days ago and I used ComVu's PocketCaster to stream a live feed to my dad (on business in Hawaii) of our daughter with my wife and both grandma's. He watched the video feed live on his laptop (though he could watch it on his PPC as well).

The video quality wasn't super as it was coming from the i760, so perhaps not the best solution for this situation. But the system is pretty slick regardless, and all free. Plus I set up the service to automatically upload videos to YouTube for others to watch later.
    It's been quite a trip! Handspring Visor Deluxe - Palm m515 - Kyocera 7135 - Samsung i730 - Samsung i760

Lambo13, thanks - that's a very good solution that let's me get the laptop out of the middle. I also say another one called FlixWagon, that's got something working with Symbian. Maybe they'll have WM6 6 by November. Thanks again......Al

I just saw this and set it up on the Sammy... WOW! this is going to be a killer app on my phone... wonder what it costs after the free trial...

I've got a great answer to the situation. First, think outside the box . . . .

Let me videotape the wedding with my $10,000 Hi-DEF Camera, put it onto a DVD for you and get it to the grandfather by FEDEX the next day. . . . . . I think it'll be worth the 1 day wait to get a superb rendition of your daughter's wedding to grampa and you'll have it for yourselves as well.

Get me to Mexico with transportation, room & board for the wedding and I'll do it for zip. . . . . . .

Justin

Thanks for the idea Justin. My daughter's already taken care of the video angle. The I'm trying to do for my Dad is just so he can have the feeling he's part of it. No need publish high quality video for bunches of people, he and everyone else who can't make it will have the DVD when we get back.....

Al