+ Reply to Thread

Need advice. Doing hard reset and need best utiliies

I have too much installed on my I-760. It just makes the phone too slow. I am going to do a hard reset and only install the minimum amount of software.

I currently have photo contracts pro, spb plus, sob phnie suite, photo contacts pro, and several other small hacks such as utilities to hardware keys.

I do hook up to an exchange server so all my data will sync back quickly. However, i need to cut down the on the software and try to keep the phone as fast as possible.

However, I REQUIRE the following functionality and am looking for best utilities that take up the least amount of resources and RAM.

1. I am required to have a phoneo caller screener. I use photo contacts pro because I like the photo contacts and I like the profiles. I almost always have the phone where it vibrates for everyone. However, i need to be able to set profiles such as only allow family, only allow clients, only allow wife to call. I need something robust enough to allow me to send unwanted calls straight to voicemail based on Exchange/Outlook groups such as the ALWAYS REJECT GROUP I created.

2. I must have a program like photo contacts are phone alarm that shows how many missed calls, and missed semials, voicemails, etc. on the today scren.

3. I must have the a Alarm clock that is hopefully easy to use. I use SPB Time because that quickly allows me to set an alarm to wake me up the next morning with a good loud alarm even with the phone on vibrate mode. It must allow me to configure weekly schedules also.

4. I would like to have something like SPB plus that has an easy launch meny and must have something that shows battery power on the today screen.

5. I must have a replacement dialer. I hate the default one as the keys are too close together and sometimes I cant use the number hard kets for reasons.

All the rest of featurees are nice but not required.

I just wat programs that play well together and take up the least amount of resources.

If anyone can provide suggestions on what to replacement my multiple programs with, I am all ears!

Thanks ahead of time,
    Dean

If someone can reommend the programs I need to take up the least amount of memory then I would greatly appreciate suggestions.

The I760 has not worked well for me with alll these programs.

Surely someone else has some recommendations for the lightest software for trial and error.

I cant see away to get around photo contacts pro because it allows me to assign photos to groups, allows me to set profiles such as clients only, and I like interface when the phone rings of showing a picture or picture of certain groups. It also lets set ringtone by group, and allows my IGNORE group to be sent straight to voicemail.

Dean

Did you try a "Search" to find out what is being used with a small foot print by members with the configurations you need? I am sure there is a lot to read on this forum about those programs and others that may be a better choice for you. Thanks, JASTECH
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

I did do a search but I was just wondering if anyone had a simlar setup.

I ended up removing the SPB Phone Suite and other SPB Plus as well as a couple other utilities.

I left everything else on the phone and installed a new version of PhoneAlarm and my phone is running fast and without lag again.

I had purchased my I760 during the first week and PhoneAlarm had some bugs with WM6. The newest version has fixes and I am very happy with the phone now.

However, I do just have a 15 day trial of phone alarm. I want to test it during the whole evaluation time to confirm that there are no problems.

One of the most helpful features is the fact that phone alarm has an option to set ringtones and other options to third party since I use Photo Contacts Pro for all the screening and determing the ring tones.

I only set up two profiles for Phone Alarm. One is for normal and one if for Car Use. The Car Use turns on Bluetooth and turns on email/text message notifications to a loud level so I can know if I receive them while in the car.

I really wish Microsoft would incorporate the icons showing number of missed calls, emails, voicemails, text messages, etc. like Phone Alarm and other utilities do. It would be a no brainer to make that part of WM.

Dean

I just installed PhoneAlarm too and also located a program called "PocketZen Phone" that they are letting me do a review on next month.

I agree, M$ needs to improve on there OS. Android OS has all that built into the OS. So I am waiting for the HTC-Dream and see how well it works and you can DL the OS but right now it's working on HTC phones but will be built to work on a lot of other MFG's phones. Thanks, JASTECH
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by JASTECH View Post
    I just installed PhoneAlarm too and also located a program called "PocketZen Phone" that they are letting me do a review on next month.

I agree, M$ needs to improve on there OS. Android OS has all that built into the OS. So I am waiting for the HTC-Dream and see how well it works and you can DL the OS but right now it's working on HTC phones but will bbe built to work on a lot of other MFG's phones. Thanks, JASTECH
    The Android looks impressive but lets see what devices use them.

I am happy with the Combo of Phone Alarm (Full) and Photo Contacts. Too bad one cant do it all. I use profiles on Phone Alarm to control system sounds and levels and bluetooth such as for my car profile. I use the one on Photocontacts to control who can call and whether the phone rings or goes to voicemail and whether it is on vibrate or ring.

I have one minor issue. When my phone is on the cradle, I get a solid red light when I have missed a message. A solid red light also is the symbol for trouble charging. How do I change phone alarm not to display the red light when it is getting charged? It displays blue or green lights other times for missed messages, emails, and voicemails?

Dean

dean, the Android SDK is nice to work with and looks like it will work on a lot of phones already made. I am hoping to use it on the SGH-i907 Omnia if I don't like the 3D system on it or WM6.1
    Samsung Omnia Pictures | SamsungOmnia.org

With the light issue I will have to think about that one and maybe somebody else will have an answer before me. Thanks, JASTECH

I know you didnt mention it but do you have S2u2 installed that program causes my phones red led to light up when in the cradle. Turning off ilock.exe stopped it. I ended up removing it because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon477 View Post
    I know you didnt mention it but do you have S2u2 installed that program causes my phones red led to light up when in the cradle. Turning off ilock.exe stopped it. I ended up removing it because of this.

S2U2? IS that a program or a version? The only program I have installed NEW is the latest full version of Phone Alarm. I am still in trial mode though as I want to make sure there are no issues.

I am going to check the phone sites and see if there are any new phone programs also.. I just do not like that I have to have multiple programs to do call filtering, filter by group, ringtone by group, ignore by groups (or individuals), etc and then one to show the number of missed calls on the todays screen, etc. Photo Contacts Pro is nice but is a memory hog and should have the featurs of phone alarm or phone alarm should add the features of Photo Contacts Pro.

Dean

s2u2(slide to unlock 2) is a locking program like iphone has.. check out spb phone suite that allows filters and profiles

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon477 View Post
    s2u2(slide to unlock 2) is a locking program like iphone has.. check out spb phone suite that allows filters and profiles
    Read my original post. I got rid of both SPB Phone Suite and SPB Pocket Plus. The combo of them and photo contacts pro was slowing down the phone too much.

I used SPB Phone Suite because when I first purchased the I760, Phone Alarm had an issue with the i760. There is now a newer version out which seems be more compatible with WM6 and the i760.

I am pretty sure I have spent more on software than the phone cost.