+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MMS Size limit?

MMS Size limit?

Does anyone know what the limit is for sending mms messages? I'm trying to send my new company centro a ringtone from my personal i760 but keep getting the 'size limit exceeded' message. I think the tone size is 500k.

Thanks,

JR

Did you already try the "Search" button? I would think this had been talked about in the FAQ's or Stickies and possibly in a thread.
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

I did perform a search on the topic before posting the original question, I did not find anything that even remotely answered my question.

Hmmm, Ok I will try to find something relevant.

" ?kb limit on pictures sent thru MMS?
    I can't successfully send a pic message using MMS when the pic size is > ~ 300kb. I spent the prerequisite hour on the phone with VZ tech support ....

I do not have a data block
    I have the unlimited data plan, and unlimited text/pic messaging on all phones
    Works most of the time with a smaller picture (~100kb)
    Fails 100% of the time on pics > 300 kb

The VZ tech swears that this is a Samsung issue, not a VZ issue, and is applicable to all PDA phones - the PDA somehow restricts the size of the attachment to less than 300kb. VZ says there is no solution. I can apparently receive a pic message with a pic >300kb, just not send one.

Is this actually true? Any solutions? Thanks guys/gals.

Djinn "...............Thanks, JASTECH

PDAPhoneHome.com - Search Results
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

<----- Rolls sleeves back down.j/k

Quote Originally Posted by JASTECH View Post
    Did you already try the "Search" button? I would think this had been talked about in the FAQ's or Stickies and possibly in a thread.

Is that your role here, to constantly badger people to do searches? If you can't provide a link then you're just white noise.

newps, everybodys role should be to help. If we allow duplicate threads all over the place then it will be really difficult for n00bs and other members to loacte what they need. It is not badgering, it is the rules of this forum for which I am sure you have read so yo now what the operating perimeters are to keep this forum running smooth. Also, if you would have taken note that not only poasted the link to many threads concerning MMS BUT also posted the thread it's self that should help clarify the answer to the question. So please refrain from your Rudeness as it is not needed. Thanks, JASTECH

While I may be new here, and not have 451 posts like Jas here, I can't help but agree with newps. I've done enough forum lurking to know the most annoying people on the forum are those who say "Use the search function."

In actuality, you do not help. All you do is create frustration. In fact, it's because of people like you, I usually, out of habit, type "I've tried searching, but ____________."

What you don't realize, what would be helpful, is if you would say something to the effect of, "Hey, I did some searching of my own and came up with A, B, and C. Please, next time try to be a little more specific in your searches, I used the terms X, Y, and Z. Hope this helps, __________."

Option B is helpful. Option A is just trying to increase your post count.

So please refrain from your Rudeness as it is not needed. Thanks, JASTECH
    LOL, You might want to take your own advice. You act like a moderator "wannabe".

Roger

EtherBoo, Did I not post a link? And also did I not post the message on the thread? So you think there should not be any Moderators and just let the Forum run wild? I have seen them and those that are poorly Moderated and all the foul language and flaming that goes on over the years, No Thanks! I am sure your 3 posts give you that extra wisdom that others only wish they could have acquired.

96cobra, You do not need to add to the problem with your very first post here.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherBoo View Post
    While I may be new here, and not have 451 posts like Jas here, I can't help but agree with newps. I've done enough forum lurking to know the most annoying people on the forum are those who say "Use the search function."

Option B is helpful. Option A is just trying to increase your post count.

It never occurred to me that anybody would care what their post count is. The get a life factor in that little nugget is huge.

EtherBoo, Did I not post a link? And also did I not post the message on the thread? So you think there should not be any Moderators and just let the Forum run wild? I have seen them and those that are poorly Moderated and all the foul language and flaming that goes on over the years, No Thanks! I am sure your 3 posts give you that extra wisdom that others only wish they could have acquired.

No, you know what, you can complain about the methods they're using to raise their point, but their point is correct. Here's why:

An ignorant but well-meaning noob makes a post about, let's say, bluetooth headsets. We tell him to search. He searches and finds the right post. Great.

So, fast-forward to the 20th noob that does that. (Because people doing that will *always* exist, and that problem will *never* go away.) Now some noob #21 will come by and, wonder of wonders, he'll read the FAQ, and actually search for his bluetooth headset problem. What does the search return?

Well, it'll return one correct thread, and 20 threads with nothing but "hey, I'm having this problem!" "OK, go search!" So the noob that actually knew to search tries the first five links, sees they're absolutely worthless because they don't have a problem *and have no link to the solution*, and gets sick of it and makes his own new post. Or just leaves.

The rules of the forum are, search before asking. That does not mean that when people break the rules, we tell them to search and don't post a link. That's a waste of a post and a waste of time. You'd get the same effect by not posting any answer to him at all -- and you'd avoid the post bump to boot. That thread is just as worthless as it was originally, and since we're not deleting those, it just adds another waste of time and space to the search results.

We can tell people that they have to search -- *next* time -- and give them the link to their answer, and it solves the problem. All of the sudden, search is useful again, because when noob #21 gets 20 results for his bluetooth problem, the first thread he checks has a link to the *right* thread.

Just saying "search," without adding anything to the conversation, makes the forum disorganized and harder for everyone else to use. It's frustrating and annoying.

None of this is saying, "hey, you're doing such-and-such wrong" -- I'm speaking to what everyone *should* be doing, not to what one person is or is not doing. Just for the record.

Ever hear the saying "God gave us 2 ears and one mouth for a reason"??? A high post count means nothing. I mainly just read and try to learn. If you want to talk post counts, you've been here less than 3 months and you have close to 500 posts. WOW! You either:

A: Have no life.
    B: Just like to "hear yourself talk".

Not very nice was it? Neither are your self-righteous comments to someone who had a question. If you don't want to help them, just skip it and let someone else answer the OP.

BTW, I just DOUBLED my post count. It will take you at least another 3 weeks to double yours...

96cobra, A & B are incorrect. I am disabled and do what I can to support my family and enjoy being on the message boards to help others. So I am up all hours of the day and night.

"God gave us 2 ears and one mouth for a reason"???, He sure did, but that doesn't mean you can run it anyway you see fit and not suffer the consequences.