+ Reply to Thread

Question Moto S9 Stereo BT Headset & Pocket Music Question

First of all, does anyone have this configuration? (i760, Moto S9 Stereo BT Headset & Pocket Music) If so maybe you can help me out. On the Motorola S9 headphones my volume up/down work fine but I can't for the life of me get the "Track Forward/Track Back" to work. I know it's not a problem with the actual headset because I also use it with my iPod and a SkullCandy BT dongle and all functions work fine.

Even if you don't have this configuration but have some ideas please let me know.

-
    Nuc.
    Nuc.

I used the "Search" button and there are 65 threads on BT and some mention the S9. I guess just start reading and by the time you have read 65 threads yo just may have your answer. Thanks, JASTECH

PDAPhoneHome.com - Search Results
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

I would assume that Music Player doesn't support AVRCP(?), or whatever its called. I know my Voyager 855 doesn't change tracks with S2P, but it does with Windows Media.

LOL What A Waste!

Quote Originally Posted by JASTECH View Post
    I used the "Search" button and there are 65 threads on BT and some mention the S9. I guess just start reading and by the time you have read 65 threads yo just may have your answer. Thanks, JASTECH

PDAPhoneHome.com - Search Results
    adding in the fact that I had searched high and low in the forum already. I just figured that people on here were polite enough to just help if they could... After all isn't that what msg boards are all about? Next time do us all a favor and don't respond if it's going to be as unhelpful as that! What a waste! LOL
    Nuc.

Quote Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
    I would assume that Music Player doesn't support AVRCP(?), or whatever its called. I know my Voyager 855 doesn't change tracks with S2P, but it does with Windows Media.

Thanks Stang. I will research that further. That most likely is the case. I just can't believe Pocket Music doesn't support this yet. They have been around for years. I have been using them since my Dell Axim X5 and X51v. Hopefully soon I guess!

-
    Nuc.
    Nuc.

Well i looked into the whole AVRCP compatibility of Pocket Music and here is what I pulled straight from the website "- PocketMusic Player Bundle v.5.0

What's new:

* New skins

* Improved support for Bluetooth remote controls and stereo headphones

* Optimized for one-hand operation

* Greatly improved equalizer performance

* Alarm settings is now available from main window

* Adjustable alarm volume

* Special support for square screens and landscape mode

* Improved HTTP, Windows Network, Shoutcast, Icecast streaming

* Best compatibility with Windows Mobile 6 "

So as you can see Pocket Music was created to have this functionality. I just can't seem to find out how to map the controls of the headset to the software. I went through all the key mapping features in Pocket Music, maybe i'm just missing something simple.
    Nuc.

LOL What A Waste!? Message boards are to help, but you need to read the FAQ's and Stickies and then use the Search as I am sure most boards direct you to do. So, if you would have went to the Mfg website you would know they added " Improved support for Bluetooth remote controls and stereo headphones
    ". Which does not mean that it will work on all Cell Phones just like the Pioneer and the i760 problems. So Do Not Flame me because you don't want to follow the rules of the Forum. I did post the Search results for you, I was not going to read 65 threads for you. ANd no where in your first post did you say that you have did already did the "Search" So please stop being rude and treat others with respect. Thanks, JASTECH
    Last edited by JASTECH; 06-21-2008 at 07:32 PM.
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

I use my S9s every day and MortPlayer and it works perfectly. Depending on how attached to PocketMusic you are ... I'll let you search for MortPlayer to make everyone happy.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

JASTECH, I find your posts more annoying than people's lack of searching.

I can ignore lazy posters - when I think that's what happened - but your posts get in the way of threads.

How 'bout you go police the local pool hall or some other place with big guys with Harley tattoos on their arms... or something more useful like that?

I also use Mortplayer and it is free and probably the best player out there. Works great with the S9

CDMA, I agree with you and luca on MortPlayer. I used it on my HTC-6700 and it was the best one I had tried but never used it on the i760 do to all the Hard Resets VZW techs have me do trying to fix other issues with the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by JASTECH View Post
    LOL What A Waste!? ANd no where in your first post did you say that you have did already did the "Search" So please stop being rude and treat others with respect. Thanks, JASTECH

Really? So that's what's required now is everybody has to preface their post with "I did a search but did not find...."?

I tried pocket music with my S9's and I could not get them to work with it either....I have tried multiple media players and the only one that I have found that will work with the S9's using track forward pause and back is windows media player...yuck!
    I want the storm and I want it now!

Ok all I have tried several other players and here is what I found to best suit my needs. Conduits Pocket Player 3. The S9's work flawlessly and I actually like the player better than pocket music. I Will still give Mort Player a try. Thank you all for your responses -1.
    Nuc.

nuclearbier, "Thank you all for your responses -1. Your Welcome

Here is the one from XDA
    1. Check if something hasn't been asked before

Some questions just keep popping up over and over. Please use the 'search' function in the menu above each and every page in the forum. Try entering a few keywords to see if your question has been asked before. If it has, please read the topics and see if you can figure it our from there.
    (We acknowledge that part of the problem is that we never created a well-organized system of FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) documents. But then we're doing lots of cutting-edge stuff, and we'd rather build cool tools than work on perfecting FAQs.)

2. Use a clear subject

So you're going to post a message, and need to think of a subject. Try to keep in mind that many people actually use that subject to determine whether they will even look at your message. If you really, really need help, the subject "I REALLY NEED HELP" is the worst possible choice, because many people will not read it. A subject like "I upgraded to 4.00.16 and now I can't downgrade anymore" is much better: it will get the attention of other people that have solved the same problem, and you are much, much more likely to get a reply.

3. Please try to write your message so that other people understand

This board is in English. We know English isn't everyone's native tongue, and we certainly do not nitpick about spelling and grammar. But please try to be somewhat articulate about what you want to say or ask. A long message is likely to be more readable if it has a few commas or at least a period every now and then. TRY NOT TO USE SENTENCES MADE OF ONLY CAPITAL LETTERS, as this is annoying to read. When you are done, read your message again, and try to see if someone else would understand what you just wrote.
    The use of online translation services to translate a message from your own language to English before posting it is discouraged. Please use this as a last resort only.

4. Everyone here is a volunteer

Be polite when you ask something. "I need RSU 4.21 now!" is less polite than "Does anyone have RSU 4.21 for me?". If you ask a question and there is no answer, it may be that nobody knows the answer, or that everyone reading your message knows the question has been answered a few times already and that the simplest search would find the answer.
    You're welcome to reply to your own message with a small reminder after a few days have passed, so that it goes to the top of the list again. But please do so only once, and do not keep nagging. It may be that nobody knows, and you truly can't expect people to answer "I don't know" to all questions they can't answer.

5. Post a message only once

This place has multiple message fora, and you will have to select which one is most appropriate. If two fora are equally appropriate, pick one but don't post in both. Lots of people read their messages using the 'view posts since last visit' button, so they see your message no matter what forum you post it in.
    Last edited by JASTECH; 06-24-2008 at 12:31 AM.

Ok, well ignoring the debate on search I searched found this to be the most appropriate thread to bump I guess.

(13 September 2009) S2P v0.72 beta - Playlists - xda-developers

New S2P - I thought I saw V.60, but now they are up to .72beta?

Anybody using this on their i760 as their main player and more importantly (to me) does A2DP Bluetooth controls finally work with it?

Thanks - Mortplayer has started to randomly crash on my lately and although I love it to death it's just getting on my nerves at this point.

*uninstalled from Storage and reinstalled v3.31 b78 of Mortplayer to device and thus far it's all smooth sailing so no need form me to really try S2P although I'd still love to know if it works as the s2u2 integration is appealing.
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 09-16-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Ive had Core player for years and it works great with my S9's, including correct track forward/back from the headphone buttons. the only other one Ive tried that works is WMP, as someone mentioned. FWIW the track advance buttons do NOT work on my iPod Touch 2G either.

Sorry to bump, but I've had issues with MortPlayer recently. Un/Reinstalled several times - different versions - Card or Main memory. Can't nail down the issue, but every so often it starts crashing.

Trying CorePlayer and it does indeed work (with Plugin activated)

Has anyone had AVRCP work in ANY other player besides MortPlayer and the CorePlayer? I've tried Nitrogen, PocketMusic, GSPlayer, S2P ...

Very frustrating. If there's no other options and MP keeps crashing I'll have to pickup CorePlayer full time. It just feels like a video player (cuz that's what it is tbh). Thanks.