+ Reply to Thread
    Can You Hear Me Now ?! AFAngryWarrior's Avatar

New i760 User Battery Problems

Today is only day 2 of my i760 and its 6pm and I have a low battery warning. I've done nothing but 5-6 phone calls and a few SMS messages, no internet usage or anything else. I have the extended battery on so whats going on? Is this typical? I'm coming from a blackberry so I'm not used to having to charge my battery everytime I'm stationary (ie Home, Work, Car, etc..) I'm used to being mobile. let me know if this is typical.

AFAngryWarrior, Welcome to the i760 Forum! It is most likely the clock.
    Free Ram size on the I760?
    The answer is located in the FAQ's at the top left. The Stickies will also help you become more knowledgeable of your i760 and if that don't yield your answers then try the "Search" button on top right. If that don't yield any answers for you then please don't hesitate to post your questions so that can help you. Thanks, JASTECH
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

It should not drain down that quickly with such minimal use. Make sure you have wifi turned off if you are not using wifi. Leaving it on, sucks down the battery.

You may find that the battery guage is not calibrated, ie the battery thinks it is low, but really isn't.

First thing you should do is set your phone to NOT turn off and let the battery drain completely. If my suspicion is correct then your phone will stay on for several hours more. Once it is completely drained then charge it fully. After that the guage will be reset.

Richard

ramiss, Your correct. I had charged mine overnight and then ran it dry then recharged it to set the meter correct and cycle the battery fully. I did both batteries the same way.
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

how do you turn it off, so that you can drain the battery fully?

Quote Originally Posted by kansurr View Post
    Start -> Settings -> System tab -> Power

On the Advanced tab uncheck 'Turn off device if not used for' checkbox.

You can also go into the Backlight screen on the System tab and uncheck the 'Turn off backlight if device if not used for' setting as well. Keep that screen nice and bright and your battery should drain pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by kansurr View Post
    Actually you want to leave it on to drain the battery

Richard