+ Reply to Thread

Voice mail reminder

Hi,
    Just got my I760 and I seem to be having a few minor problems. Just would like to know if itís me or the limitation of the phone.

The first thing is voicemail reminders. It rings once and that it. I canít seem to change it, any thing I am missing?

The second being the micro sd card. I put a 4 gig one in and donít seem to see it. I am thing it canít read HCSD cards. Any thoughts?

wheelsdown, Welcome to the Forum!
    You may find most your answers on the FAQ's and the Stickies, and it that don't yield any answers then the "Search" button should help too.

Voice mail reminders: Do you mean it rings once and goes to voice mail or after you get a voice mail it only notifies you once?

The i760 only sees 2GB card unless you use the hack. I used the "Search" at the top right and located this thread. Thanks, JASTECH
    4GB microSD HC
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

I did use the search with no luck. I will try again and reword the search.

On all my old phones if someone left me a voice message it rings or vibrates every so many minutes. This phone rings once and thatís it.

Oh, ok. Mine does the same and so if I forget about that first notice/ring then I don't know until I look at the phone and it displays that I have a voicemail. Maybe somebody else has a fix for this?
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by wheelsdown View Post
    Hi,
    Just got my I760 and I seem to be having a few minor problems. Just would like to know if itís me or the limitation of the phone.

The first thing is voicemail reminders. It rings once and that it. I canít seem to change it, any thing I am missing?

The second being the micro sd card. I put a 4 gig one in and donít seem to see it. I am thing it canít read HCSD cards. Any thoughts?

To get repeating alarms/notifications, you need extra software. I'm using Phone Alarm 2.0 and it works great. There are other programs out there, but I haven't tried any others. It does a lot more than just add repeating notifications too. Check it out @ pocketMax - phoneAlarm (Profiles and alarms) .

For the 4GB cards to work, you need a hack/patch, which is very easy to do. Check out this thread... 4GB microSD HC

Roger

Thanks, I will try the light verson. one down and one to figure out. I have been doing all kinds of seaches and found a boat load of threads on the HCSD cards. I download the DLL fix but I looking to see if it will work with WM 6.0 0r 6.1.I would hate to install it and break the phone before I have a chance to us it.
    Thanks again

wheelsdown, I also have "PocketZen Phone" to test and do a review on if yo would like to try it later? Thanks, JASTECH

OK,
    WM5WM6.zip hack correct my SD card problem and I can see all 4 gigs. Phonealarm corrected my voicemail concern. A little over kill for one fix but it works.

Now for PocketZenPhone, I looked at the web site to see what it can do for me. It seems to do a great deal with it’s multi profile setup. This must be great for someone who travels a lot. Although I use my phone a lot for work and play, I don’t thing I am ready to install this much software at the start. Some of the functionality is the same as Phonealarm. I need to run this thing to see what I can and can’t do. The two largest complains I had have been correct so I think I am going to skate until I learn this thing inside and out. It is a nice toy but I still need it for work.
    Thanks

Ok, PocketZen has less options I think so maybe less over kill for you. Let me know. Thanks, JASTECH