+ Reply to Thread

Wireless Sync Nightmares!

I just spent an hour or so removing (and making it not give me an error once it's removed) Wireless Sync.

Just curious anyone here had any troubles with it as well? Seems like garbage software that VZW included with the phone to piss people off.

Thoughts?

Seems to work just fine for me... Although I haven't had any problems when I removed it once either.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherBoo View Post
    I just spent an hour or so removing (and making it not give me an error once it's removed) Wireless Sync.

Just curious anyone here had any troubles with it as well? Seems like garbage software that VZW included with the phone to piss people off.

Thoughts?
    I agree, I tried using their "Workgroup Monitor" in an exchange server environment and it was buggy and would do nothing but crash. The client application is also very poorly written on both WM and Palm.

Well, my problem was getting rid of it once I decided I didn't care for it (about 5 minutes after using it). The damn thing did NOT want to go away. Apparently, whoever wrote it didn't write the uninstall portion of it properly, so the phone still calls for the ClientShell.exe, even when it's not on the phone anymore.

I was able to use MemMaid to remove the reference, but what a pain in the ass. Took me about an hour to remove.

Strange... I did not have these problems when I removed it once. Now getting it back without a hard reset, that was tough...

By the way, it is not Verizon's software, it's Nokia's...