+ Reply to Thread

Unlock i760 for Sprint?

I'm getting tired of my ridiculous high Verizon bill. Is there any way to use the i760 on Sprint? I could switch to the SERO plan and save a tone of money, but when you factor in buying a new PDA, its much harder to justify.

If not, whats the best PDA phone for Sprint?

My brother bought the Touch and he's had nothing but problems and Sprint deceiving him. I think their newest phone is the Samsung Instinct but he may jump ship with me to AT&T and get the SGH-i907 "Omnia".
    Samsung Omnia Pictures | SamsungOmnia.org

You might look at what there is out there that will work on Sprint and not need to sign a 2 year contract. PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, PNA & Smartphone Specifications
    CM Stacker832/GA-X38-DQ6/Q6600/G.Skill 4GB(2x2GB) DDR2 1000 Dual Kit/EVGA 8800 GTS
    2xSamsung SH-S203B/Zalman ZM-MFC2 <--"For Sale or trade"/HIPER HPU-4B580-MS
    Microsoft VISTA Ultimate 64bit/Ubuntu 7.10/Kaspersky Internet Security (8.346)Beta Tester

From what I understand, both Sprint and Verizon are going to allow phones that are CDMA compliant on their networks soon, with VZW promising at the end of the year.

I don't know much about Sprint, so if I were you, I'd head over to howardforums.com and ask their. They'll be able to give you a definitive answer.

Switching probably takes a bit of phone hacking with UniCDMA and QPST. Here's how it was done with the i730:

i730 with Sprint HowTO

I imagine the process for the i760 is remarkably similar.

So whats the news with this? Anyone have any luck, or does Verizon reset it and throw it for a loop when it's set, like I've been having problems with on MetroPCS Internet & MMS?

This--->> How to Change Mobile IP to Simp IP???

I've made up my mind to leave metroPCS and am up in a toss up between Sprint or Page Plus Cellular
    Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 03-04-2010 at 09:01 PM.

You would have to hack the phone to get it on Sprint since the i760 is not in their list of approved devices... I would switch to Page plus or similar..
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy View Post
    You would have to hack the phone to get it on Sprint since the i760 is not in their list of approved devices... I would switch to Page plus or similar..
    Mark
    Hrmm okay cool, yea I wasn't sure if anyone had successfully flashed the i760 over to Sprint or not especially since its been 1 and a half or so..

PagePlus is a better bet.

You should just activate the i760 on PagePlus. It uses Verizons network so no flashing is required. If all you are concerned about is your bill, then PagePlus has a great deal. 1200 minutes, 1200 texts and 50MB of data for 30 bucks! You can't beat that. I am on pageplus now and saving a ton of money with no loss in call quality. Just my two cents... and NO I don't work for PagePlus - just trying to help ya.
    "We don't need no stinkin' iphones!!!" I love my Touch Pro 2..... Bleeding edge previous devices include the Samsung i760, dirrrty i730, XV6600, Blackberry 7750, Audiovox Thera, and Ipaq 5550.