+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remote webcam?

Remote webcam?

Anyone know the specifics of the easiest way to use the i760 as a remote webcam? In other words using Webcamera plus or such, over EVDO, to broadcast the live video and audio such that a remote computer can access it over the internet? I found a few things in here but not the whole story.

You can take a look here.

Basically I suggested Comvu's Pocketcaster, which I used to stream video of my daughter a few weeks back after she was born. Worked great.
    It's been quite a trip! Handspring Visor Deluxe - Palm m515 - Kyocera 7135 - Samsung i730 - Samsung i760

Thanks, That does do the trick and is very simple, although a little slow. Even with good connections over wifi and playing with buffer settings there seems to be a 20-30 second delay. I will continue to investigate other options. Maybe something with skype would work but I did not see how to activate a webcam using skype mobile. I also thought there may be a way jsut using Webcam Plus or webcamXP mobile possibly with the port forwarding through my home router somehow but I have a lot to learn first.

Thanks.
    xmurray