+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation i760 & Vista: How to prevent Vista from loading MS Sync Center on Startup

Hi Guys, I have had the i760 for quite a while, and am extremely happy with it (ordered it the first morning it became available on VZW).

What I am not happy with is the fact that Vista loads up MS Sync Center on start up. And I can't make it stop. I've researched this online, and there are no solutions. Of course I can stop it running, but it will upload on the next start up. I want to remove i760 from Sync partnerships and it doesn't allow me.

Anyone has an idea how to prevent MS SC from loading up? Thanks in advance... S

PS: I don't connect with my I760 to my Vista desktop, I have a laptop running XP that I use for that.
    Last edited by SHIVA; 06-25-2008 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVA View Post
    Hi Guys, I have had the i760 for quite a while, and am extremely happy with it (ordered it the first morning it became available on VZW).

What I am not happy with is the fact that Vista loads up MS Sync Center on start up. And I can't make it stop. I've researched this online, and there are no solutions. Of course I can stop it running, but it will upload on the next start up. I want to remove i760 from Sync partnerships and it doesn't allow me.

Anyone has an idea how to prevent MS SC from loading up? Thanks in advance... S

PS: I don't connect with my I760 to my Vista desktop, I have a laptop running XP that I use for that.
    I use a program called TUT-- The Ultimate Trouble Shooter to control my start-up applications and processes. I use XP but I think they have one for Vista as well. Do not use msconfig start-up manager if you use TUT though. The combination of using both can have disastrous consequences (or so they claim) AnswersThatWork - PC Tuning & Troubleshooting, HelpDesk, Computer Tips & Solutions TUT has resulted in a much faster boot for me as well by eliminating unnecessary start-ups.

Thanks for your comment. But I rather not download a software for this. Anyone else? Thanks, S

If you kill the connection types - like USB - it will not try to connect.

If you have it connected (first) you should be able to kill the partnership... then kill the USB connection type.

That did it, by having the i760 connected, then you can cancel the "partnership" and make is go away. brilliant. thanks... S