+ Reply to Thread

Windows Live for Windows Mobile...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...oad-en-us.mspx

Looks like MS is prepping a new version for download.

Quote Originally Posted by Imakeholesinu View Post
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...oad-en-us.mspx

Looks like MS is prepping a new version for download.
    I believe this was announce some time ago. The new release does not include Messenger, so I will not be participating.
    i760 VZW

I just want my Live mail to actually get pushed to me on a consistent basis. Hopefully this version will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by wallst View Post
    I believe this was announce some time ago. The new release does not include Messenger, so I will not be participating.
    Is there a separate program for messenger then? Can we actually use it and where can I get it?

Just went here an they sent me a text message with a link:
    Windows Live™ for mobile

Quote Originally Posted by akeeping View Post
    Just went here an they sent me a text message with a link:
    Windows Live™ for mobile
    That seems like it is web-based, I was looking for an actual client you install.

Still searching for the perfect ...
    From your computer, go to Windows Live™ for mobile , then click on the button that says, Try it out, and enter your phone number. Or from your phone go to Untitled Page and the cab download should be one of the links.

BTW, I think Windows Live Search for WM is the best free site on the Internet available for Windows Mobile. Traffic, gas prices, movie times, directions, all for free, all on the phone. This is WM only. iPhone need not try.

K

Quote Originally Posted by KatieP View Post
    From your computer, go to Windows Live™ for mobile , then click on the button that says, Try it out, and enter your phone number. Or from your phone go to Untitled Page and the cab download should be one of the links.K
    That is Windows Live Search, not the Windows Live that adds Hotmail/Live push mail to your phone. (and before now, Messenger) Live Search rules.. don't get me wrong. It's just not the product the OP was talking about.

Still searching for the perfect ...
    Sorry. That is what I thought Imakeholesinu was talking about.

Is there a CAB version of the one with push Hotmail?

K

Original link not working now. What did it say? Would love a more stable version of Windows Live (and maybe a supported one).

I just got my i760 today! Still setting everything up. But there's no windows live... isn't it suposed to be preloaded with WM6?

I found a link to download the cab, but it will not install....

Quote Originally Posted by azmp1 View Post
    I just got my i760 today! Still setting everything up. But there's no windows live... isn't it suposed to be preloaded with WM6?

I found a link to download the cab, but it will not install....
    Yes, I think it is part of WM6, but the vendor always can always remove what they want and Verizon likes to remove that it seems. Why use chat when you can pay for SMS?

Quote Originally Posted by KatieP View Post
    Sorry. That is what I thought Imakeholesinu was talking about.

Is there a CAB version of the one with push Hotmail?

K
    Let me see if I can find it.. Like a tool I had my own copy in a directory called 'installs' on my SD card but about a week ago the stupid directory just disappeard from my card.. I hate when that happens...

the version I am using is 10.6.0034.0800. I know I got it off XDA.. I'll see if I can track that down again (or if I have a copy of the cab somewhere... man I'm a tool.)

UPDATE:
    Check out this link to XDA it should take you to the 10.6.0034 version.

Also, when you setup your Live/Hotmail, make sure you DONT do contacts and calendar if you are already sync'ing with a corporate exchange account as it will either overwrite or merge with your current Exchange/Activesync contacts/calendar.
    Last edited by Dorf; 06-26-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorf View Post
    Let me see if I can find it.. Like a tool I had my own copy in a directory called 'installs' on my SD card but about a week ago the stupid directory just disappeard from my card.. I hate when that happens...

the version I am using is 10.6.0034.0800. I know I got it off XDA.. I'll see if I can track that down again (or if I have a copy of the cab somewhere... man I'm a tool.)

UPDATE:
    Check out this link to XDA it should take you to the 10.6.0034 version.

Also, when you setup your Live/Hotmail, make sure you DONT do contacts and calendar if you are already sync'ing with a corporate exchange account as it will either overwrite or merge with your current Exchange/Activesync contacts/calendar.
    Thanks a million!!!

I can confirm that the current version of Windows Live for Mobile works on the I760. I have it running right now and it is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Imakeholesinu View Post
    I can confirm that the current version of Windows Live for Mobile works on the I760. I have it running right now and it is amazing!
    Are you talking about the 10.6.0034 version that I linked to above? It does work pretty good, but from time to time it just stops syncing for me. Now, the original link on the first post is currently down.. I wonder if they are about to put the newest new version?

Yes I just installed the 10.6.0034 from XDA.

They are about to put out a new version. Before they took the site down they had noted a new version was coming soon. This version that they are releasing though lacks messenger.

Live search > google maps for WM also. I don't think I'll use anything else now.

Totally agree with Live Search. I use that with my little Freedom keychain GPS and it works so great... It is kinda hard to get lost in Iowa though.

Live Search has saved me hundreds of dollars in 411 calls and a ton of time if I had to do it thru my browser.

If you don't already have it, you should get it.

The original link is working again. Here is the text in case it goes down again. Looking forward to seeing how this update does (I don't use messenger).

Windows Live for Windows Mobile(Windows Live Hotmail, Contacts and Spaces)
    This software does not include Windows Live Messenger. Please inquire with your mobile operator about Messenger access.
    A new version of Windows Live Hotmail for Windows Mobile is being prepared and will be posted soon.
    Help/FAQPlease visit http://support.live.com for assistance.