+ Reply to Thread

ActiveSync Explore SD Files Crash

I've searched high and low for this problem and I've found nothing (In FAQ/Stickies and elsewhere on the web)

I can Sync with no problem and I can Explore the device and I can even transfer files to and from the device. As soon as I try to view the Storage Card the Explorer window crashes. This happens at home and work - both Windows XP SP3 + ActiveSync 4.5.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

*Could it be related to the SDHC hack? Does everyone else have no problem exploring their SD card?
    Kingston 4GB SDHC card
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 07-09-2008 at 11:17 AM.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I'm sorry to be annoying. I'll just *bump* this once in the hopes that someone else sees this. It's a horribly annoying problem that I cannot solve or find mention of anywhere else.

To add to my problems, my cheapo Kinston SD reader seems to have stopped working as well so I have no way to get large files on my phone apart from downloading.

Thanks.

* Well, I think I "solved" this problem. For whatever reason I am now able to access my SD card via ActiveSync Explore if I right click on my "Storage Card" folder and choose Explore rather than simply double-clicking the folder. No idea why this would be the case, but I guess if you have a similar problem try this as a "solution". Cheers
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 07-10-2008 at 11:15 AM.

im having a similar problem. I cant see my storage card at all in the snyc explore feature. it just isnt there. I'm trying to put music on my phone and the only way i can is to transfer like 3 songs, then move them to the card from the phone, then transfer more. I don't have a card reader, but i don't see why i should need one.

Well - I think you have to right click on My "Windows Mobile-Based Devise" choose Explore and THEN you should see your Storage Card.

However, ActiveSync stinks for file transfer. I recommend you try out WM5torage. Nice little app that when activated turns your storage card into a USB flash drive (for all intents and purposes).

FreewarePPC.com - Freeware Pocket PC / Freeware Windows Mobile: WM5torage v1.89 beta 2

* hmmm, seems there is a new version - I will have to try it out

** bah I'll wait till it's finalized (they are on b5 now) - use 1.8 imo
    WM5torage v1.8 freeware for Windows Mobile Pocket PC.
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 03-20-2009 at 01:40 PM.